vtec head w/non vtec wiring, what tranny?

vikkiA1

2nd gen G
what transmission should i get for my 92 b16? it has non vtec wires&ecu and i dont plan on gettin them any time soon. so should i get a vtec tranny or just a ls? mines about 2go out. thanx all u knowledgeable people

DumaDa9

so you're running a b16 motor with no vtec? putting an ls trans on that inside of a DA is almost like sticking a single cam in there. Go for a b16 cable trans

vikkiA1

2nd gen G
alright thanx good 2know. and ya im aware of how ghetto it is 2not have vtec wired but thats the way i bought it. no vtec wires,powersteering or a/c,and 3rd grinding. it was cheap super cheap though

hungryjohnny

b16 - if you don't travel too much.
gsr - if you do.

gsr has longer gears so you won't be in fifth at like 4k for five hours ha

b16 - if you don't travel too much.
gsr - if you do.

gsr has longer gears so you won't be in fifth at like 4k for five hours ha
The GSR cable trans isn't geared much longer than the B16, I'm over 4k at 80mph on the highway. Pretty closr to where my Si trans was on my 3rd gen. If you want low rpms on the highway, have an LS 5th gear put in the GSR or B16 trans.

vikkiA1

2nd gen G
ya 4real. right now 75mph is hitting almost 5k, i dont like2 take freeways cuz of fat pot holes on i-5 tho. is 3-4th gears high rpm's on the b16?like 30min stop and go traffic? i dont like how soon my car needs 2shift

ya 4real. right now 75mph is hitting almost 5k, i dont like2 take freeways cuz of fat pot holes on i-5 tho. is 3-4th gears high rpm's on the b16?like 30min stop and go traffic? i dont like how soon my car needs 2shift
Damn...my Si trans was at 4400rpms at 80mph...what gears do you have?

vikkiA1

2nd gen G
uh like what gears work?or do i have any parts of the tranny swapped? the gears all work(3rd grinds if u force it) its a ls trans. and 75mph in 5th gear is around 4700-4800rpm

idoke

uh like what gears work?or do i have any parts of the tranny swapped? the gears all work(3rd grinds if u force it) its a ls trans. and 75mph in 5th gear is around 4700-4800rpm
wtf? what kind of tranny do you have? why is it so SHORT at 75 mph?

vikkiA1

2nd gen G
thats what im saying. im fairly sure its an LS trans. but thats just what the guy i bought it from said. this is my 4th integra, third 2nd gen ive owned and ive never had such short gear ratio's or whatever its called. thats 1of the reasons im taking that tranny out. plus it makes alot of vibration/rattle noise, it could b the throw out bearing i guess...but its burnt either way haha