suspension help, roll bars vs subframes?

chico666

well i just got my coilovers.

but need some help on whats the differences between anti roll bars and rear subframes.

please help me out.

Alvi84

They basically do the same thing. They strengthen the rigidity of your car and cut down on body roll. The subframe brace goes on your subframe inbetween the rear wheels. This makes the frame of the car stronger but is typically only eye candy unless you are truly hitting the track and need to reinforce your frame. The lower tie bar installs in a similar spot and cuts down on body roll.

Alvi84

I think for myself I will be picking up a lower tie bar. My friend recently took off his subframe brace because he thought it was heavy and was adding unneccessary weight to the rear end. This may not be true for all subframe braces so if you do order one keep an eye out for the product weight.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
ASR makes a very lightweight yet sturdy subframe brace. If you have the means, I would personally go with the subframe brace, but a tie bar is always a good option as well

Carlos Redmon

Subframe ties front to the back and, if it is a X-brace, corner to corner. Antiroll bar or sway bars tie side to side. Both reduce flex. The sway bar reduces supsion flex and the subframe reduce body Flex. your car comes with two one front and one rear. A very popular upgrade is ITR sway bars. I built a custom sway bar out of 1" DOM tubing as well as a custom X-brace.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
ASR is pretty much the standard in subframe reinforcement for Hondas that or Function 7. But, if you go over i say 19mm you need a subframe brace such as the asr or the function 7

BE CAUTIOUS OF FAKES!

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
ASR makes a very lightweight yet sturdy subframe brace. If you have the means, I would personally go with the subframe brace, but a tie bar is always a good option as well
You should see what I'm getting on Monday

ASR is pretty much the standard in subframe reinforcement for Hondas that or Function 7. But, if you go over i say 19mm you need a subframe brace such as the asr or the function 7

BE CAUTIOUS OF FAKES!
http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=8180&idcategory=637

mirrorimg

The subframe brace is not the same as a swaybar. It will reinforce the subframe to reduce the chance of tearout, because the subframe in non Type R's was not meant to have to support the torsional forces put on it by thick sway bars.

Think of it like this. You are making a sling shot. You pick up a small stick with a V in it and get a really thick rubber band. When you draw back on that rubber band that stick is going to snap (tearout). You can either get a bigger stick (Type R) which will give you the support you need, or you can reinforce it with something (subframe brace) to reduce the possibility of it snapping.

5150KDC2

Just ordered my F7 LCA's and sub frame brace.. I cant wait..

Sub frame brace bolts to the same place as the sway bar, but ads rigidity to the frame. The sway bar reduces body roll.

5150KDC2

I am guessing you ment upgrade both.. If so, then yes you can do both.. Thats probably one of the best ways to do it it think.

DGO1800

So I have tokico 5 way shocks and ground control coilovers on my GSR. Bought it like that and it rides really smooth and responsive. That means I have the tokicos in the rear also correct? Because I can see the front ones when I pop my hood. What can I add to improve my suspension & steering? Are lower tie bars just mainly for looks?