1995 Integra LS Sedan Build

JeremyB

Got my camber kits on the way for front/rear, will put them on next week along with new lower ball joints so I can finally get this thing on the ground.

JeremyB

Look what came in the mail today :)

Got the old front upper control arms off

And that's all I got done before it started raining :(

JeremyB

Got the car all back together and close as I could on the alignment, since I am going to change shocks soon anyway, no point in getting it aligned until I do that. I will be posting updated pictures tomorrow :headbang:

The difference in the ride, even with the blown shocks is amazing, so much tighter and A LOT less banging when I hit bumps. The upper bushings on front and back were completely in two for the most part

JeremyB

Decided to let the coilover sleeves all the way down to see how it would do(rides like shit, but doesn't really scrub too bad unless I full lock turn) It probably wouldn't scrub if I didn't have 17s. Tomorrow gonna be raising it up again, since this is not good for daily driving, just wanted to see how low it would actually go. :lol: It would probably not be too bad with actual good shocks. The back still has some travel, but the front is completely compressed

JeremyB

Well I got some more auto-manual swap parts

pedal set

scored it on ebay for $40 including shipping

Also let the car back up and took the camber out so I can use the rest of my tires :lol:

SoundEfx

Nice work man, keep at it.

When are you going to start to take the wrinkles out of the body of the car?

JeremyB

Nice work man, keep at it.

When are you going to start to take the wrinkles out of the body of the car?
I'm probably going to get a whole front clip since both fenders are pretty bad

Haven't decided if I want to go back stock or JDM front yet as well

JeremyB

Might as well go JDM if you're going to change the whole front clip.
I've been thinking about it, just don't know if I want to pay the extra money for it, there are no other integras around here so no need to look different haha

This weekend I'm planning on swapping the pedals and putting in the master cylinder and reservoir to prepare for swapping to manual, as soon as I find a trans close enough to go pick up

JeremyB

Got some more work done on the car finally, don't have it all quite back together but its close

Took the front clip off and did all the body work on it

I just plastidipped it for now until I can get a real paint job. I thought it turned out pretty good, probably just gonna do the whole car soon.

I also was able to contact a previous own of the car and found out some stuff about the motor. Apparently I hit the jackpot, if what he says is true.

Here is the build on the motor:

Bottom end built for boost(don't know what brand or anything)
CP pistions 8:1 compression
ARP head studs
Head ported and polished
Small cam(didn't know specs)

He also said the guy he bought the motor from had it on 8 lbs of boost with not problems.

I will probably pull the valve cover soon and see if the studs are there, if so then I will tend to believe everything he said was in it.

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
Good progress! Although, I don't know if I buy the PO's story. That's a lot of stress on an automatic, and automatic ECU's are a lot harder to tune, even if it is OBD-I.

JeremyB

Good progress! Although, I don't know if I buy the PO's story. That's a lot of stress on an automatic, and automatic ECU's are a lot harder to tune, even if it is OBD-I.
I believe this ECU is chipped/tuned because I had been running 87 in it for a while and I put 93 in it after hearing what he said and the car seems to run better. I know the stock tune in D4 its supposed to shift at 5500 correct? well mine goes all the way to redline, 1st gear will go all the way to 7200 RPM. The rest shift at 6800 rpm. It won't be long and I'll be switching to manual anyway :twisted: And turbo after there

JeremyB

I also forgot the guy said the motor was in a manual car before with the turbo, then he bought the motor and put in this car. So the auto has never had a turbo on it.

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
I believe this ECU is chipped/tuned because I had been running 87 in it for a while and I put 93 in it after hearing what he said and the car seems to run better. I know the stock tune in D4 its supposed to shift at 5500 correct? well mine goes all the way to redline, 1st gear will go all the way to 7200 RPM. The rest shift at 6800 rpm. It won't be long and I'll be switching to manual anyway :twisted: And turbo after there
I can spin mine to 6,900-7k rpm's in D4 every gear with no issue and I'm not tuned.
I also forgot the guy said the motor was in a manual car before with the turbo, then he bought the motor and put in this car. So the auto has never had a turbo on it.
That makes sense.