Startup issues

Nick_C78

...cap and rotor? You mean to tell me you didn't do a basic tune up yet? Generally when you buy a car you do a tune up. If you for some reason do not, you should as soon as it has issues. Do a damn tune up before blaming other stuff. Basics man.

Swerve

Shawn
...cap and rotor? You mean to tell me you didn't do a basic tune up yet? Generally when you buy a car you do a tune up. If you for some reason do not, you should as soon as it has issues. Do a damn tune up before blaming other stuff. Basics man.
I pulled it off and it looked fine but you're right I usually just do it anyways. I did plugs fluids and filters but my friend gave me a new oem fuel pump so I'm doing that regardless and well as a fuel filter.

Murphy

Meat Master
Clean your iacv, tb, and intake manifold. Too much oil could cause boggy starts. Or air in the cooling system.

Swerve

Shawn
Air in coolant I'd definately have to check that out

Last edited:

Swerve

Shawn
Ok so after worrying my car was struggling to get compression on startup I compression tested and got 180 across the board. Only things I can think of left are throttle cable adjustment, better coupler for intake, burping coolant, also putting another coolant temp sensor on. Then fuel pressure regulator if none of that wotks.