Please help with motor swap parts question?

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
My 98 gsr is totaled. I found a 2000 gsr shell that someone took the motor swap out. Im basically transferring my motor swap into the shell and nothing more. What gaskets, seals, pins, springs and all the misc pieces that I need to replace.

Lets get this list going :mrgreen:

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
I just wanted to know if I should replace certain things that might break.

I will likely to just pull the swap. And anything I need to replace, I will order the new parts and then put it in the new shell.
What about the ECU? I know that my car runs on obd2a and the 2000 shell is an obd2b

Swerve

Shawn
If you use your old harness it shouldn't matter what the shell is

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Its more about emissions than anything in the county I live in.
Wonder if I can get a jumper and be good?

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Oh I missed the OBD2A to 2B component.

Yes get a Ecu jumper.
I just found this out yesterday. And just found out that the plugs are different as well :(

Wheres a good place to buy a jumper?

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
after talking to this guy about the car. I finally got the vin#. checked it out and found that the car was wrecked just before he got it. This pisses me off. I was expecting the shell to be clean of accidents as well, but that didn't happen. Sometimes, these peoples trying to sell shyt for gold, when theyre only worth the price of coal
This made my decision easier, since I was back and forth on doing the swap with a new shell or parting her out. Well, its looking like im going to be parting her out. Figured I make my money back on buying the car back from the insurance and maybe a little more. We will see how it goes from here on out

Thanks for the help muckman. I almost ordered that before finding out about the shell. Phew!!

SoundEfx

IF the coilovers are not at the baller price they should be at, dibs....lol.

Good luck with the part out, but who knows, you might find a clean shell.