Da9 LS/T "Automatic" Build Questions

Carino

The Rican
i have a 1993 Acura Integra LS... well obviously its an automatic... i already kno im going to get bashed to death beacuse im going to be wasting my time/ money... ok well this is the set up i am thinking about

AND NO I AM NOT THINKING OR GOING TO DO A 5 SPEED SWAP... i have driven 5 speeds since i started driving.... and i want to do something different from ppl... i want me to give my AUTO respect... like it may sound dumb for yall... but like i jus wanna prove autos arent all crap

Upcoming set up
b18a1
Skunk2 cams, valves, and valve springs
forged pistons and rods
idk wut kind of turbo... lookin for one that will be best for a auto tranny
3in downpipe
intercooler
2.5in exhaust
automatic cap/ cut off before cat
pnp head
walbro 255
idk what to go with maybe hondata

i kno im going to need:
tranny cooler
torque convertor

maybe drag 3 kit or a kit from http://www.Artcarr.com

are there any beter transmissions out there that ill fit my ls and are easier? better to upgrade

mainly i jus got questions i want to kno that ive been searching for an have goten nothing
ok well i was wondering wut kind of upgrades they offer for integra transmissions... i found a gate shifter idk if that will be any help... mainly i was jus wondering if anyone will be able to help me figure out a set up and make it so i can get the tranny to last a long time

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
There isn't a whole lot you can do to the automatic. The best option is to have it built by Level 10, which most people don't do because a fully built Level 10 tranny is probably worth as much as almost 10 standard transmissions and probably more than the entire value of your car.

Also, just an FYI, Hondata is not compatible with automatics either

Carino

The Rican
There isn't a whole lot you can do to the automatic. The best option is to have it built by Level 10, which most people don't do because a fully built Level 10 tranny is probably worth as much as almost 10 standard transmissions and probably more than the entire value of your car.

Also, just an FYI, Hondata is not compatible with automatics either
dang didnt kno that thank u very much... what will work for an auto?

ok i defentily understand that... does this change anything... for the build of this car its mainly a dd and weekend warrior on the streets.. so im not planning on getting on it all the time.... if i get a decent shift kit and torque convertor... and while driving around keep it on a low psi not really getting on it... and jus put it up for when im planning on racing/ times at a track... should i be ok? im runny synthetic fuild in it right now no realy saying it makes a whole lot off difference but i mean i keep care of it

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
I have researched this and its not finding a tranny that is tough enough, its the tuning that people run into problems bc its very difficult to get one tuned plus alot of upgrades don't help out as much as they do on a manual...

Carino

The Rican
I have researched this and its not finding a tranny that is tough enough, its the tuning that people run into problems bc its very difficult to get one tuned plus alot of upgrades don't help out as much as they do on a manual...
really? wut up grades dont really help out?
so wut do u suggest i do? i mainly want feed back so anything helps....
i can understand that the tuning would be hard... do u think it is possible tho? like there could possibily be someone that can tune it correctly... or is there jus no hope for me? lol
im sure theres still things i should do to the tranny right

mirrorimg

He is heart set on no manual. Level 10 tranny is where its at

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
He is heart set on no manual. Level 10 tranny is where its at
They are right on the tranny

When I say upgrades done improve as much I mean like you would get 15 hp with a header on a stick and only 10 hp on an auto (thats an example not actual numbers). An automatic will never be as fast as a stick with the same upgrades... if you want an auto build an auto just know that you will have more money in ur 200 hp then a stick with 200 hp....

Basically I decided against it... I rock a stock ls with a SRI and thats it.

heykosal

Angkorian
Just throw a JRSC nice header and exhaust on it and call it a day.

EDIT: oh, and slam that bitch.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Dude Level 10 auto transmissions are crazy. If he wants to spend the money on one, I don't think he'll have a problem with it.

Campanelli

OMG it has VTEC?
I just looked it up, 3400 or something thats not bad considering it would help so much.

I couldn't find any videos of it though

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
I just looked it up, 3400 or something thats not bad considering it would help so much.

I couldn't find any videos of it though
Yeah the price is OK considering what you're getting. But you could buy two H22 full swaps for that much haha

Carino

The Rican
thanks for the feed back everyone... is level 10 like the only place that can build it? im trying to find kits and wut not also

I have a 98 turbo 4dr with an auto that has been built since 01 and the guys are spot on when it comes to tuning and durability. The engine has been running like a champ at 7psi but the trans...um well not so much. Looked into the whole level 10 deal and it was far to pricey for no gurantee and bad reviews. (maybe they have improved in the past five years?) Short story the tranny has been rebuilt twice and now has a two year warranty thanks to AAMCO. My advice is to go with whatever makes you happy there is nothing wrong with being different but like the guys said be aware of the price u'll have to throw back into the trans after it's trashed from too many weekend beatings.