Radiator With No Cap?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
What car uses a radiator with no cap? This is not a trick question. I really don't know the answer to this question.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
why would a car use no cap?
The coolant/water flow is much more efficient with this kind of radiator. I know that it's not made for a Honda. That's for sure. I'm thinking it's a for an RX-7, but I need to make sure.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Well I saw this DC2 with a Koyo racing radiator that doesn't have a rad cap. Like the top is absolutely flat.

integra4life29

Im in a band DO ME!!!!!
How would it stay pressurized or how would it not just overheat and explode with coolant all over the place, never heard of this before.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
How would it stay pressurized or how would it not just overheat and explode with coolant all over the place, never heard of this before.
I don't know, but it works. My friend won't tell me what car that radiator belongs too. Damn him! Lol!

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Have you seen it or is he yankin your balls, cuz that would suck. LOL
I saw it. Looks like a normal Koyo racing rad, but the top was missing the cap. He has a K20A2 and he used a half sized one before, but started overheating at his last track event. So he opted for this one.

Gorveatt

I <3 HID
The only reason i knew that was cause a friend of mine had a Neon i think it was like a 95 and it over heated on us, cause it was hydro locked, and to release pressure my stepbrother opened the pressure valve, it's basically the same as a rad cap, just on a coolant hose and not the rad.