Really lost here, advice PLEASE

*19TEG91*

"Come at me bro!"
Ok, so here's whats up with my situation, I just recently bought a 91' Integra LS. at first it was supposed to be the car to get me to and from work. truth is i fell in love with it. So now i want to fix it up to where i can use it to drive anywhere not just to work. But to my problem. It's obvious that whoever had it before me had either a turbo or a V-Tech in it. It's also been lowered. (to the point where no Jiffy Lube, Tire Store, or Valvoline will let me in cause i'll lose my exhaust). now im new to this whole "tuning" lifestyle, and i dont know where to begin. to list my concerns. 1st- It struggles to start sometimes, like ive never had it not start. but it takes a good 5-7 seconds to turn over and once it does, i get a little bit smoke come out the back, i get the smell of gas in my car, i have to keep the RPMs at 2000 or else it'll choke out half the time. and my battery and oil light start to blink. now i've replaced the battery, my alternator and starter are fine, i thought it might be my air filter so i changed that, (aftermarket cold air intake, i didn't know a good brand so i went with "Spectre" is this any good?) still starts rough, i hate starting in public cause it smell/sounds/looks awful. ive asked around and haven't gotten any specific answers. i've heard spark plugs, plug wires, fuel filter are some of the ones i heard the most.. any suggestions? 2nd- also since the previous guy lowered the car my front two tires are now leaning inward, its not super noticeable but from looking straight at the car you can see it. ive heard its normal cause some people do it for tuning purposes, but ive also heard it means thats my suspension is bent. im sorry this is so long for my first post but ive spent the past three days trying to prioritize what needs to be handled with first. my little box of opinion here says fix the starting issue first then worry about the suspension.. PLEASE any advice will help immensely.. again im sorry this is so long its just a lot of stuff. i'll upload pics once i figure out how.

teggyboi59

95teggy
Sounds like ur temp sensor is disconnected ... does it smell like gas wen trying to start nd wont start??
Nd suspension wise do alignment if that bothers u...

*19TEG91*

"Come at me bro!"
when i go to start it i've never had it not start. but when it does start i do smell gas. and i went for an alignment today but the shop wouldnt take me because my car is too low. they told me i have to go buy and install "factory" shocks and struts to raise the height of it. i mean i would like to raise it about 2-3 inches but i dont want to put factory equipment back on. i know there's kits you can install that are adjustable. (sorry if most of my comments are no brainers to you guys but i am new to this whole ordeal) but thank you for your input i'll ask whoever i go to next about that.

DAWGSwlms22

suspension wise, it's a common problem when a car is lowered. if you want to go back to stock height, you can either get factory suspension or adjustable coilovers. check though to see what the car is lowered on already. if the guy before you lowered it on coilovers, all you need to do is adjust them.

*19TEG91*

"Come at me bro!"
Ya, I mean the back ones look adjustable, so I'll take a look once I can figure out how to get underneath it.. Lol but thanks for the suggestion..

Dfrederick2nd

Just Playing The Game
when i go to start it i've never had it not start. but when it does start i do smell gas. and i went for an alignment today but the shop wouldnt take me because my car is too low. they told me i have to go buy and install "factory" shocks and struts to raise the height of it. i mean i would like to raise it about 2-3 inches but i dont want to put factory equipment back on. i know there's kits you can install that are adjustable. (sorry if most of my comments are no brainers to you guys but i am new to this whole ordeal) but thank you for your input i'll ask whoever i go to next about that.
take it somewhere else there's no reason you shouldn't be able to find a tire place to work on your lowered vehicle your not the first person in the world to do it so there's gotta be somewhere around you who deals in that sort of work. and raising it 2-3 inches will be raising it back up to stock pretty much so if thats what you want then find you some oem springs. ive been to big o tires and they worked on my lowered car so will ken towery if you have any of those two by you check them out

*19TEG91*

"Come at me bro!"
I'll keep looking for a place, your deff right though and im not the only driving a lowered vehicle. About my starting issue, I asked a buddy of mine who has been tuning Hondas and Acuras since he was 13.. He's much older now and he noticed that a tube that used to go to the factory intake was just sitting there not connected to anything so he had me start it and noticed that it was sucking air.. So he told me to plug it, also to change my fuel filter, also lossen my throttle cable, (my idle sots at 2000RPM).. And possibly change my O2 sensor. Does any of these make sense to why my reg has such a hard time starting?

As far as the suspension goes, first thing is to figure out what suspension you have and if it's adjustable.
For the tires leaning inward, you need an adjustable camber kit. Skunk 2 makes the best out there for a G2. Then you'll need to have the car aligned.

*19TEG91*

"Come at me bro!"
i just had it checked out when i went for an alignment today. they told me i need to put adjustable cambers i think he said so they could move my tires back. then he informed me that my driver side CV joint is bad... a--hole.. i looked up the signs of a bad CV. and it doesn't clunk/clink/grind when i turn or anything like that. it just wobbles & squeaks when i give it gas. so i'll fix that first so maybe the tire will stop wobbling and squeaking when accelerate. (i checked my mounts, they're good)