paint

Isaac.R

I just asked a question haha this is my first car and i just needed some input into how much gallons id need haha

Isaac.R

i was but the paint job sucks and my step dad said it will decrease the value of the car if i did it but i'm not to sure , it's my first car so i just want it to look decent you know.

Isaac.R

but i get what your saying i think it would look nice wrapped but i need new fenders and bumper and wheels because the guy who sold me it put some lame stance bro wheels on it. I just hope i can get it to look nice and clean

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
You need new fenders, bumper and wheels anyways if you paint it. From where you are starting you have to do 100% the same prep work. I would get all the needed body pieces, sand the car down, and fill in dings with bondo, prime and fill prime it, and then rattle can it black and wrap it. You're decreasing the value of the car by repainting it anyways.

Isaac.R

true , how much do you think it will cost to do all that sanding and priming , i know i can get most of the huge dents out without bondo but some will need it. Also do you know any cheap 5 spoke wheels because im in highschool and i dont have a nice paying job yet.

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
true , how much do you think it will cost to do all that sanding and priming , i know i can get most of the huge dents out without bondo but some will need it. Also do you know any cheap 5 spoke wheels because im in highschool and i dont have a nice paying job yet.
It depends how much you want to spend and the quality of work you want done.

If you just want it repainted cause new paint..then go maaco..cheapest paint there is, but not guaranteed quality...$600-$1200

I did mine for $1000 by my friend, but he hooked me up majorly and plus i didn't have a whole lot of dents either. This getting friend discount. He did 3 layers paint, 4 layers clear coat DuPont.

My buddy told he usually charges around $5000 for a new paint cause you never know how much body work your gonna need to do and don;t want to sell yourself cheap on labor.

If you don't have a nice paying job, just keep saving up and do you research on body shops around your area.
Some shops will just spray and clear it for you if you do the body work, which will be extremely cheap.

Hope this helps.

Isaac.R

thanks and my friend can hook me up with the paint and all that i just wanted to know how much it would cost without someone helping which you answered and thanks for the advice on which wheels i should get

94RS

No fucks given.
Idk about the Enkei-made Miata wheels, but I had to drill out the center bore for my "twisted 5 spoke" Miata 16s to fit on a Honda hub.