Official DSLR Photography Thread

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I have a friend whose had sony before the dinosaurs I swear lol. Sony fans must be for life.

Minolta was always pushing technology to improve performance of their cameras, they made fantastic equipment, unfortunately the Canikon crowd always controlled the big market, and because of their lobbyists influence on news and media, Minolta never got the exposure it needed, sometimes they would even get slandered; horrible since their technology and performance was always years ahead of their competition. Because of this they were forced to leave the consumer market and focus on industry, thus selling their technology to Sony. At first I was worried Sony wouldn't continue their philosophy, but they've done a remarkable job striving for new technology; while the others use them as guinea pigs, only to copy their designs later once they see them succeed. But even before Sony bought Minolta, they were creating small inspirational digital cameras. Because of this constant risk taking and innovation, I believe they've earned a great deal of respect, and in turn devotion to the brand.

whitedc4

Minolta was always pushing technology to improve performance of their cameras, they made fantastic equipment, unfortunately the Canikon crowd always controlled the big market, and because of their lobbyists influence on news and media, Minolta never got the exposure it needed, sometimes they would even get slandered; horrible since their technology and performance was always years ahead of their competition. Because of this they were forced to leave the consumer market and focus on industry, thus selling their technology to Sony. At first I was worried Sony wouldn't continue their philosophy, but they've done a remarkable job striving for new technology; while the others use them as guinea pigs, only to copy their designs later once they see them succeed. But even before Sony bought Minolta, they were creating small inspirational digital cameras. Because of this constant risk taking and innovation, I believe they've earned a great deal of respect, and in turn devotion to the brand.
Well that is cool. Didn't realize there is so much history to sony and where their tech came from.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Lol it's my rant, I don't like to discredit Nikon and Canon, because they've made plenty good products. However their tactics to stay market leaders was disgraceful, I can't support that. Fortunately Sony has much more financial backing, so they are being forced to compete more evenly now.

XjoEnX

I like all brands actually. I've been looking towards the Sony a7. I want to try out this mirrorless thing that's all the rage lately.

treeafodo

Austin
That shot looks good Kurt!

I really need to get practising. Everyone in this thread puts me to shame.

Tree

My friend skating, not a huge fan of this picture, too much green imo, but thats hawaii for you :lol: and this was my first at lightroom so go easy on me haha.
my eye lol