eBay thread

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
If you are wondering about those exact strut bars then they look pretty good. I mean, there are millions out there that would be better but I doubt those would fail and need to be replace. That being said, you get what you pay for. Getting a higher named brand product will give you better quality and also more respect.

Just because something is on eBay, it doesn't mean that it's bad quality. I get a lot of car parts from eBay. They aren't the "no-name brand" stuff, but still from eBay.

eBay is just a place to host "for sale" ads. It's not a company. So many people treat it as a company that makes everything under the sun and makes it shitty. That's not the case though. It's just usually the cheapest place to get good items. Sure it attracted some Korean warehouses that are making shitty products and trying to make some money.

I would just stick with things that you know are a good name'd brand so you aren't wasting your money replacing things that you "saved a buck" on.

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
no slo_teggy i wont join your jersey shore revival mafia, even if that post did make perfect sense

Mkulrey13

I know what ebay is. I was just wondering if the no name parts were decent. Ebay intakes for the cobalts fit better then the name brand ones. We just call them ebay intakes because there not made by a name brand, just some random name. So i should not worry on those types of parts then. Thanks guys!

excalibur23

if you are wondering about those exact strut bars then they look pretty good. I mean, there are millions out there that would be better but i doubt those would fail and need to be replace. That being said, you get what you pay for. Getting a higher named brand product will give you better quality and also more respect.

Just because something is on ebay, it doesn't mean that it's bad quality. I get a lot of car parts from ebay. They aren't the "no-name brand" stuff, but still from ebay.

Ebay is just a place to host "for sale" ads. It's not a company. So many people treat it as a company that makes everything under the sun and makes it shitty. That's not the case though. It's just usually the cheapest place to get good items. Sure it attracted some korean warehouses that are making shitty products and trying to make some money.

I would just stick with things that you know are a good name'd brand so you aren't wasting your money replacing things that you "saved a buck" on.
+1

Coney

Spacely
With Ebay most but not all of the time your buying cheap replicas of other stuff. or used real stuff. With the cheap replica stuff when deciding i just think about how much of a chance it has of messing up and how badly that might hurt my car. for example, those strut bars are solid pieces of metal i would trust them. And if they do snap or something its nbd. The intake stuff the actual metal pipe is deffinetaly gunna hold up just as good as a brand name one, however the intake filter is nowhere near as good as a brand name one. on the car i had before this one i bought a ebay intake chucked the filter and picked up a aem on that fit on the ebay piping.

Army74D

gtavila_
With Ebay most but not all of the time your buying cheap replicas of other stuff. or used real stuff. With the cheap replica stuff when deciding i just think about how much of a chance it has of messing up and how badly that might hurt my car. for example, those strut bars are solid pieces of metal i would trust them. And if they do snap or something its nbd. The intake stuff the actual metal pipe is deffinetaly gunna hold up just as good as a brand name one, however the intake filter is nowhere near as good as a brand name one. on the car i had before this one i bought a ebay intake chucked the filter and picked up a aem on that fit on the ebay piping.
Pretty much nailed it right here.
An aluminum bar is an aluminum bar, an aluminum intake tube is an aluminum intake tube.
First of all, no strut bar will fail under normal driving conditions (that I've heard of).. I drive crazy, and both my upper strut bars were like $45 (for the pair) off Ebay.

Something like an intake filter which is made up of different materials however, will probably not last considering the cheap glue that's used. Or something like a racing seat, not as good quality at the real deal.
A turbo kit for $600 sounds great, but most likely won't hold up for what a turbo kit is supposed to be intended for.

Just know what you're buying, and you'll be okay. Just don't always hate on Ebay cause that's what all the cool guys do..

Cripton805

ebay puts people like HKS out of business
I don't think eBay puts brand name companies out of business. People put name brands out of business and the economy. People just being cheap LoL.

I think certain things are ok to be cheaper "ebay" and name brands just overprice on certain things.

I heard ARC wasn't doing to well.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I don't think eBay puts brand name companies out of business. People put name brands out of business and the economy. People just being cheap LoL.

I think certain things are ok to be cheaper "ebay" and name brands just overprice on certain things.

I heard ARC wasn't doing to well.
This happened before the economy collapsed when Trust filed bankrupcy due to people not buying their stuff and taking ebay alternatives