Dome light/door jamb sensor problems.

*DA ALL DAY*

So here I am, back again, with another problem that I need your guys' help with...

First off, I'll list the obvious..

The dome light has 3 settings...
1. Always on.
2. On when door is open/Off when door is closed.
3. Always off.

Mine is always set to number 2.

Now, the problem is, when I open my passenger side door, the dome light responds as it should.
But when I open the driver side door, it act as if the door has never been opened.

I should also add that even when the driver side door IS open, not even the "door ajar" light comes on on the dash.

I've already tried "jimmy-ing" with the door jam switch that should trigger both but to no avail.

All your help is greatly appreciated...

Sincerely,
*DA ALL DAY*

GsrEj8

i know sometimes they get rusted... my friend had a similar situation. we went to the junkyard and just got two door sensors made sure they werent rusted and then we used vasoline to keep them well lubed (no homo) but it worked good.... u can try to fix yours it should work

*DA ALL DAY*

So you think that I should maybe unscrew it and inspect it first?
It seems to slide both ways just fine but, who knows.

I also need to be careful that the switch part of it doesn't fall back into the rear corner panel if I decide to do that, correct?

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
you may need to adjust your door so that it closes tighte? i dunno a possibilty

GsrEj8

just inspect it for rust... i would say check ur fuses but the fuse wouldnt let just one turn on and not the other

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
Remove the rear panel on the driver's side to see if the connection got loose. You'll have to take the rear seats out. Thats what happened to me, and when I gutted my shit, that was the stupid problem. Plugged it back on and worked.

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
Unscrew the driver side sensor and make sure there's no corrosion around the connector. I had a similar problem with my DB2.

94dc4

My name matches again lol
Hopefully your ICU didn't go out like it did on my car, but probably not because I have an opposite problem. My Door Ajar light is ALWAYS ON...along with no interior lights, no clock, no cigarette lighter, no intermittent wipers, and no warning chimes (lights and keys).

I got another one from my friend's totaled DA but I just haven't had the time or energy to put it in lol

Remove the rear panel on the driver's side to see if the connection got loose. You'll have to take the rear seats out. Thats what happened to me, and when I gutted my shit, that was the stupid problem. Plugged it back on and worked.
Man I almost had to do this because I took one of mine out to clean it and the plug just fell back in the hole. I eventually got it out with a pen lol but it took some time.

Musicpro2010

I have a pretty stupid question to ask...Where is this door ajar sensor located?? My car doesn't have the stock sensor, instead it sounds like the bell of a music box, i want the stock one but don't know where it's located in order to replace it.

Please Help

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
mine did the same thing. just unscrew it from the door jamb, spray some wd40 or PB Blaster on the contact points. maybe even hit them with a light grit sandpaper (1000g or finer). SHOULD work fine. if not, wiring could be bad, or the switch itself could be bad.

just a little trial and error. pretty easy fix. hope that helps.