oil leaking into my spark plugs... help!

mirrorimg

need to change ur head gasket and spark plug grommets
This is incorrect.

There is nothing wrong with the headgasket. Its only the spark plug tube seals. You may as well replace the valve cover gasket along with them, since it wont seal well when you reinstall it (because its most likely old and hard).

Last edited:

Alvi84

It depends on where the oil is on the spark plug. If your spark plugs are fouled on the tip that creates spark you may need valve seals to stop the oil from coming into the spark plugs from below or if you are noticing the oil on the top of the plug where it screws in, it is most likely spark plug gromets and valve cover gasket. Always replace them together. The valve cover gasket is like 14.99 so it's just practical to do them both.

mirrorimg

See these holes? There are little circular seals that sit in the valve cover. You can see them in the picture below (#7). They are $2.72 a piece from Acura.

rnoswal

Do you know what auto part store sells the valve cover set that includes the round rubber plug for the exhaust cam end? Or is it best to get it at the dealer?

mirrorimg

Its an inexpensive part, which doesnt cost much coming from the dealer for OEM parts, unlike most other things.

You can get a gasket kit at any local autoparts store. (autozone, advance auto parts, pepboys, kragen, etc).

No kit includes the cam seal plug. I suggest getting an aftermarket one that seals better than the OEM plug.

Like this:

Last edited:

Prozon

Kris
Wobet, you don't need to replace the O-Rings. Most likely anyways, like mirrorimg said there are seals on the valve cover. I recently did them on another Honda and the valve cover gasket had them with it as well as o-rings, which you probably won't need.