B20 block + B16 head = how much HP?

vTeChGRA78

how much hp can u get if i put together a b20 block and a b16 head i might put in a gen 3 teg or a 95 hatch?

MoJoJoJo

Banned
i dunno if u can find a exact answer...u might try searching on it...cuz ur pretty much building an engine....only way to find out for sure is dyno it after u've done it. expect to have alot of torque. that will be a big different ur gonan notice. but if u wanna keep up or beat the GS-R or the Type Rs...u gonna need to upgrade ur compression, cams, etc... but if i had to guess ur prolly be making something around 165-175.. thats just guessing

integrayean

inline4 whore
vTeChGRA78 said:
how much hp can u get if i put together a b20 block and a b16 head i might put in a gen 3 teg or a 95 hatch?
without porting the head you will get about 26 horses

MoJoJoJo

Banned
slow_99integra said:
Endyn got 297.4 to the wheels with that set up. Check it out theoldone.com
he must have done alot of work, cuz i kno a local guy, on a local forum "Houston-Imports" did a b20 wit a Si head, he did the compressions and cams..and got bout 185 whp

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
I say just putting the b16 head youll be looking at about 150 hp to the wheels, not shabby at all plus a very decent amount of torque, gsr head=more compression=more hp about 10 more, know somebody that has a crv/vtec set up but with a ITR head, fully built bottom, p&p, crazy custom race header (beautiful), HONDATA tuned, putting 207 hp to the wheels, on a 2 door ej1,