B20 vtec w/b16 head your thoughs....

Tegge monster..

Q/how in your opinion does a b20 block with a jdm b16 head run.
.dependabillity
.power
.tourqe
.vtec crack
.bacicly how would this moter run.

Q/should I have gone to the gsr head if so...
.why

I dont wanna feel like I made the wrong dission the car is getting built as of ,1/9/12
Its at a shop here in the 559 soo let me know guys please comment on this page

Lol
Im very very anxious...

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
1, i think you are slightly a ricer if you are wondering how the vtec engagement is going to sound. Smoother is better.
2. the dependability will come from the break in and tune as well as the build. If its done right it will last.
3. it will have torque due to the displacement
4. depending on cams i will say 160s at most.

i put down 166 with a good tune but was held back by other stuff that was out of my control on a gsr with pr3 pistons and type R cams

Tegge monster..

Ricer,harsh bro its cool. hoestly just heard that on any of the frankensin engine biulds the vtec engages harder..or the crack its more aggressive than a gsr or si moter.
I want to know if the combiation of b20 b16 is better than b20 b18...

But thanks..

Anyone else.....

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Ricer,harsh bro its cool. hoestly just heard that on any of the frankensin engine biulds the vtec engages harder..or the crack its more aggressive than a gsr or si moter.
I want to know if the combiation of b20 b16 is better than b20 b18...

But thanks..

Anyone else.....
Sounds like you're taking this a bit too seriously, man. Dylan knows his shit, bud. Also, having cracks in your Vtec is always an issue and you may want to get some glue for that

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
by having a spiking vtec you have a weak bottom and mid range where the power is all up top. Not very practical unless this is a drag car and if it is then you have the wrong cam choice. Having a loud engagement means:
1. your vtec lobe is massive compared to the secondary lobe
2. your vtec is way way too high

I had a louder vtec until my tune where it was set to where it was supposed to be according to mysetup and my dynograph.

Tegge monster..

Cool cool dont mean too come off like that at all just wanted some cool feedback.
I respect u samuri blue u got nothing but good things to say ive followed. I know.

Lol that was my first thread

Thanks for the info guys please
Tell me the diff or should I have gone with a gsr head or good with the si.....

zachb20vtec

iam running that exct same set up with stock internals and the stock p28 ecu and i tell you what i love this setup iv had many gsrs and alot of b16s but by far this b20b block and b16a2 head is the right way to go but if you wanna have more power and torqe deff get that good tune

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
why dont you tune your ecu or chip it? its probably running not so well with a stock ecu...probably a lot of bad stuff happening to the internals

zachb20vtec

im going to soon as i get the $. but no it runs amazing and i have no other issues than my cmc and csc but i replaced them both and the car is fine now . and where i live theres no one to tune a car for a desent price

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
350ish is average for a tune FYI.
Also go through phearable.net they do ecus for about $180 chipped and S100 / S300 ready