Clunking noise since lowering =|

J187SD

Ever since I lowered my car using coilovers, I hear this clunking that is in sync with the speed of the car, I know for a fact it's coming from the passenger side, I can't tell if its the front or rear. It sounds as if there is a metal bar attached to the rim and its hitting the frame of the car, ya ik wtf...

I've checked all the bolts I opened and they are all tight and secure but the clunking doesn't stop. I haven't taken the car for an alignment yet so I was wondering if this is "expected" and will be fixed with an alignment.

Thanks in advance.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
no thats not normal... is it a clunk or a click? if its more of a click my guess would be axels...

J187SD

its a clunk. sounds like theres literally something hitting it under the car while in motion. I just put it on jack stands to see if anything was loose/hanging, nothing :(

Skunk2 Pro Series
How much of a drop? It could very well be a faulty set, especially if they're used. If they have really weak resistance they could be slamming against your wheel wells when you hit bumps.

mirrorimg

How much of a drop? It could very well be a faulty set, especially if they're used. If they have really weak resistance they could be slamming against your wheel wells when you hit bumps.
I dont think he would have to worry about the springs being worn so much that the rate changes and they become "soft." The struts would go before the spring is bad.

Jack up each corner and spin the tire. See if you still hear the noise. Check in the wheel wells for rubbing, check the edge of the fender to see if its rubbing on the edge of the tire (if you are lowered enough so that the wheel tucks).

It may not be 100% safe, but I have jacked the car up, then lowered the front onto jackstands under the LCAs. This will put you at the normal riding height and may help you locate the noise better when you spin the tires. If you dont want to do that, or if some one points out the err in my way, have a friend walk along side the car while you are rolling.

J187SD

A little over 2" drop. I did buy them used =\ and when I checked em out, the struts weren't loose or really non-resistant, no shaking, nothing. They seemed solid. I'll know if they are shit by tomorrow lol, thanks for the info.

I dont think he would have to worry about the springs being worn so much that the rate changes and they become "soft." The struts would go before the spring is bad.

Jack up each corner and spin the tire. See if you still hear the noise. Check in the wheel wells for rubbing, check the edge of the fender to see if its rubbing on the edge of the tire (if you are lowered enough so that the wheel tucks).

It may not be 100% safe, but I have jacked the car up, then lowered the front onto jackstands under the LCAs. This will put you at the normal riding height and may help you locate the noise better when you spin the tires. If you dont want to do that, or if some one points out the err in my way, have a friend walk along side the car while you are rolling.
Gonna do this tomorrow and probably go a little higher and test. I'm gonna put the stock shocks back in if the problem persists. Thanks for the reply.