Official DSLR Photography Thread

R13

The other asshole
faster than 90% of the integras on here.

That's not saying much, considering most of them are essentially stock LS's :lol:

Trading the Mazda for a jeep huh?

I give it a year before you get sick of it. :mrgreen:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
That's not saying much, considering most of them are essentially stock LS's :lol:

Trading the Mazda for a jeep huh?

I give it a year before you get sick of it. :mrgreen:
Says a lot for a mini-minivan.

We're a one car show now and the Mazda doesn't cut it for trips. I almost got stuck in Wyoming with it this year when we drove out to Colorado, granted I was driving through 18" of snow so I guess it's not bad. If I get tired of the jeep I'll sell it, the resale value is higher than anything else on the market.

You're really hating on the jeep :lol: I'm stoked for it to arrive, I haven't been this excited since I bought the Mazdaspeed 3.

R13

The other asshole
You're really hating on the jeep :lol: I'm stoked for it to arrive, I haven't been this excited since I bought the Mazdaspeed 3.
You have no idea how many of them I've been around that are only a couple of years old, door hinges and shit are rusting deep, you can pull chunks of rusted metal off of like '08-'09 models. Then there's the milky looking faded plastic all over the place.

I'll give it to them that they look kinda cool when they're modded right, big gnarly tires sticking out and all that. The mod support is cool, there's a ton of mods.

But all in all, it's still a vehicle for "county girls" to take to the mountains or the beach :lol:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
You have no idea how many of them I've been around that are only a couple of years old, door hinges and s*** are rusting deep, you can pull chunks of rusted metal off of like '08-'09 models. Then there's the milky looking faded plastic all over the place.

I'll give it to them that they look kinda cool when they're modded right, big gnarly tires sticking out and all that. The mod support is cool, there's a ton of mods.

But all in all, it's still a vehicle for "county girls" to take to the mountains or the beach :lol:
:roll: Ok

R13

The other asshole
:lol:

What axle gear ratios does it have? You said it was a 6 speed so I hope at least 3.55s, though 3.73s or even something in the low 4.xx range would be better.

R13

The other asshole
Eww, 3.21 would be useless. :lol:

3.73s are good. More road racey gears, but they should still do the trick just fine since you're planning on traveling with it more so than any kind of offroading.

They'll definitely be fine with good tires and assuming the jeep has a transfer case with 4 low.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
If you're not towing or using big tires 3.21 would be fine. There's more to gearing than the diff ratio.

And considering many military still use wranglers as combat vehicles I can't really see it as a beach cruiser for chicks, although I'd more than welcome them in if they wish.

I had trouble dealing with it too but just face it, you can't buy anything else as off road capable from the factory.

R13

The other asshole
Don't lie, your wife and daughter bribed you into the jeep didn't they?

Soon it'll be plastered in jeep girl stickers and grown men everywhere will be giving you looks

On the bright side, as long as you don't let anyone see your face they'll just think you're a chick with that hair. :lol:

Ryan659