Mixmatching exhaust pieces from 2dr and 4dr?

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
Well, as you know, I currently have an ebay catback on my teggy. Something I've always wanted though was an N1 style, where it angles at the end. I found someone on my local craigslist selling an ebay N1 style catback, but for a 2dr. I was thinking, could I buy his catback, and just swap his axelback portion with mine? Is that where the angle is, on the axelback portion? Also, would it fit, considering mine is a 4dr and his is a 2? Would it be long enough, even though I'm only swapping the axelback part?

Thanks

(Also, if you haven't seen it, I asked something about shocks&springs over in the wheels&suspension thread, you should read it haha :))

I believe the b-pipe is the difference. If it wont bolt up, just go to decent muffler shop. They should be able to mate everything up.

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
Thanks for all the help guys. One more question. He doesnt want to sell me just the axelback portion, and he wants like $100 for the whole thing. Should I just buy the whole thing, take what I need and sell the rest, or actually just wait until I find just an axelback?

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
i thought the axle backs were different with the same b pipes....but what do i know.....i dont even own a 4dr.....anymore.

i thought the axle backs were different with the same b pipes....but what do i know.....i dont even own a 4dr.....anymore.
You might be right...I thought it was the b pipe that was longer on the 4 doors...I could be mistaken though.

* I miss your 4 door, mine too:cry:*

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
The b-pipes and axle-backs for the sedan are longer than the ones for the hatch. Before I got my WS2, I was going to pick up a JDM DC2 ITR cat-back, but I found out that the entire system would be too short.

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
The b-pipes and axle-backs for the sedan are longer than the ones for the hatch. Before I got my WS2, I was going to pick up a JDM DC2 ITR cat-back, but I found out that the entire system would be too short.
Thanks for the info. I've actually decided to put this aside and work on suspension and all right now. I'll live with my non angled exhaust for now :)

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
For clarification, the same rules that apply to DC exhausts, apply to G3 DB exhausts.

2-door
- 2-door 94-01 LS, 97-01 USDM ITR and 00-01 GSR are all the same lengths.
- 2-door 94-99 GSR are not interchangeable.
**You can interchange between these two if you use the header, cat and exhaust from the others. It is just not bolt-on when mixed and matched. Also be aware of different o2 sensor locations

4-door
- 4-door 94-01 LS and 00-01 GSR are the same lengths
- 4-door 94-99 GSR are not interchangeable.
**You can interchange between these two if you use the header, cat and exhaust from the others. It is just not bolt-on when mixed and matched. Also be aware of different o2 sensor locations

Mixing it up
- 4-door 94-99 GSR headers will fit a 2-door 94-99 GSR and vice versa
- 4-door 94-01 LS, 97-01 USDM ITR and 00-01 headers will the fit 2-door 94-01 LS, 97-01 USDM ITR and 00-01 GSR
- 4-door B-pipes and axlebacks are not the same lengths as 2-door
**Be aware of different o2 sensor locations

Last edited: