2nd Gen Roll Call!

TegraTiger

Checking in

I haven't been on here in a while. I just recently repainted my DA9 and wanted to share the pics.
Believe it or not, I used Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch "Vintage Teal" rattle can paint for this base coat.
It was the closest match to the original BG22M paint.
It turned out OK, but with lots of little issues,
such as: the paint not atomizing properly when it came out of the spray nozzle so the finish turned out
real rough; lots of runs and imperfections. BUT, I plan on shooting it with Plasti-Dip Clear mixed
with Chameleon metal flakes with an HVLP spray gun, that I'm sure will make this look even better.
The reason why I did this is because the original paint & clear coat bubbled, flaked off, all the way down
to the gray primer underneath. It looked real real bad, and made the car look like a p.o.s.
As a result, I've received tons of offers from Junk Yards & tow truck drivers offering to "haul my
Junked car" away for a measly couple hundred bucks. F**k that.

I also had to remove the leaking sunroof. After removing it I discovered it leaked because the
drain hoses were clogged, and it then caused other body rot to occur. I sealed up the sunroof hole
with some galvanized sheet metal I installed with pop-rivets and silicon. Then I decided to just paint
the upper part - roof & roof pillars, all black. Looks somewhat striking to me.
Now I need to cut & install a custom head liner as the stock headliners are no longer available.
So far, she's coming along nicely.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< IMAGES >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

wpgacurafan

92 GS Captiva Blue.
Lowered on Teins
Short shift, Stage 2 clutch
Intake and header, full stainless exhaust
GSR Blades
190000km

May-October daily driver

Mintyaztek92

Good morning just picked up my new baby 92 GS-R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kedron23

Hello everyone heres my 93 ls im an actuve user and will be posting and answering whatever questions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

hwyhogg

Guess these cars are nearly 30 yrs old with a dwindling fan base. I’m replacing all bushings, (oem) and returning mine to daily driver status. Can’t post photo, says too big!!??!

New90Teggy

1990 ls white 2dr all stock except for some kind of lowering coil overs that were on it when I bought it from the tow yard . It's a work progress currently runs , somewhat lol

g6qwerty

I some how ended up with 3 of them, my first car a 1990 4door GS 5 speed, then a 1991 Auto 4door GS, and a 1991 5 4door GS 5 Speed (No A/C).
I'd upload an image but it says a 1.3mb file is too large, which isn't helpful at all, at least say what the max file size is instead of leaving it ambiguous.

94RS

No fucks given.
I some how ended up with 3 of them, my first car a 1990 4door GS 5 speed, then a 1991 Auto 4door GS, and a 1991 5 4door GS 5 Speed (No A/C).
I'd upload an image but it says a 1.3mb file is too large, which isn't helpful at all, at least say what the max file size is instead of leaving it ambiguous.
Either use Tapatalk on your phone, or upload to Flickr