ECU Code Error 41?

95teg

so i got my new exhaust put on this is be4 i got my headers on... the new exaust was .. catco direct fit and the new pipe.. any way when i start it up it throws a check engine light... ran the computer on it and came up with code 41) Primary Oxygen Sensor Heater- Circiut malfunction...any help what can i do to fix this, does it need replaced.. did it break all of a sudden.. i'm stumped i never heard of that?

Baldy201

I would suggest getting a new O2 sensor and see if the engine light goes away. Since it is the primary O2 it is the one on the header not the cat.

95teg

i only have 1.. its on the cat... its a 1995.. and i also know this becz i just chaged the header after i had the exhaust done so its obd1 i didnt see another o2 on the header...also i called the local dealer and they want $230.00 for a new one.. no way i'm paying that much for it.. any other idea?

Todd

token ex-mod
if replacing the sensor doesnt work, i would suggest removing the light bulb ;)

95teg

well this is what i figure.. when the highflow cat went on.. it changed the air/fuel ratio.. meaning its burning the o2 sensor up.. so not only will i need a new one becz thats mostlikly burnt to hell now.. i need something to adjust the a/f ratio or it will just happen again.. thats where the v-afc comes in.. i can alter that a/f ratio with that cant i? i just dont know how to use one or where i would learn...?

Todd

token ex-mod
when i had my gt stang i found this little thing that plugged in instead of the o2 sensor that gave a false reading and turned the cel off... they might have summin like that for honda's too

Baldy201

If I am not mistaken GSR's are supossed to have 2 O2 sensors. The place where I got mine was Auto Zone for like 90 bucks. I suggest not getting the Unversal one since you have to cut and splice wires into the old plug.

socalgsr33

I had the same thing happen to me. On the AFC if you had to use the o2 sensor wire you might have damaged it. otherwise i only have one o2 sensor on mine gsr but i have headers and if there is one on the stock exhaust manifold then it may have just been removed and the error cleared with and obd2 reader. i dont know if ur is diff. for obd1

95teg

b/w 95 & 96 they started to change to obd2 which means some 95's were still obd1...mine is one of those..lol i just need to replace it i think..

Spectacula Acura

95teg said:
b/w 95 & 96 they started to change to obd2 which means some 95's were still obd1...mine is one of those..lol i just need to replace it i think..
I say getting a Safc for the a/f ratio or if you are up for more $ going wwith a honda data with a logger cantou adjust the A/f. Thats all i can add I have an ls so im not familar with all the specs of a gsr.

Peace AB

95teg

ahh i still need to fix the CEL... error 41.. so i hear its an a/f ratio problem.. but that bascially means my O2 is fried? and will need replaced, any idea on what to do about it where to get one besides factory.. Acura wants $200+ for one.