removing abs

B18TEG

BLACK DA
So I Took Out The Abs Monster On Saturday, It Was Easy, 10mm Crecent Wrench And 12mm Crescent Wrench, Disconnect The Lines, 10mm Soket, Ratchet, And Get It Off The Bracket. Removed The Bracket, And Bam, Instant Space. So Now I Gotta Get The New Lines For The Rs Prop. Valve And Master Cylinder Adaptor Fitting. Its A 12mm X 1.0 ---> 10mm X1.0 Metric Hydraulic Fitting. Ill Update Again With Pictures And The Final Stages Of Getting It Together.

k624ash

hey i gots a question
can i use a master cylinder from an si? i removed my abs and now my master is going out the window and my buddy has an si cylinder. wonderin if i could use it

B18TEG

BLACK DA
why change the old mc? is it damaged? if not you can use it, its the same as a type R. and if its not reuseable, then yea the si mc is interchangeable. you just gotta check the sizes of the lines going into the mc.

k624ash

B18TEG said:
why change the old mc? is it damaged? if not you can use it, its the same as a type R. and if its not reuseable, then yea the si mc is interchangeable. you just gotta check the sizes of the lines going into the mc.
its the stock cylinder for my SE. i think the seals are bad, i start to lose pressure, especialy when its warmer out.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
So, if the my Si has the same brake setup as my teg. Does that mean i could possibly use the Si's proportioning valve on my teg? Not that I'm going to take parts off the Si, just curious. Thought about relocating the valve and running my own lines, clean it up bitches.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
do it! lol

clean bay's are sexy!

You should be able to. go to the junk yard and pull one off a DA without ABS. I have yet to see one in person with it.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Seems like every g2 I find has ABS, gettin old. Dont even want to think about asking the dealership.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
:thumbs up

I was just at 2 different yards this week too! lol

not sure when the next time I'm going, but I'll pull one for ya when i do go.