Man A's project

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
^^ Doesn't matter how much you spend on your tools. Get em at sears and you can get a warrenty too! lol

Man A said:
somethin like anthracite
sounds good! I do like that color. A lot actually. lol

Man A

homewreker
lil update

parts removed

hatch, rear seats, interior panels, taillights, rear valance, weather stripping, outter window trim ( i cracked the damn windshield im pissed), gas tank door, auto shiftetr almost out.

i did slow down a little bit because ive had no baby sitter all week. in the near future ( this weekend) i will remove, moonroof assembly, everything abs and ac, rear bumper, interior carpet., finish auto shifter, auto pedals, exhaust. After those i will be able happy enough to start the body work.

I had a few concerns about harnesses. the current is GS (w/ ABS) auto obd0. i want to end up with manual obd1. Now would it be best to exchange all the harneses since they need to come out for bay paint anyway? or buy the obd0 to 1 conversion harness and do the wiring for the manual conversion?

im still trying to figure out the differences between my obd1 engine and the obd0 that came out this car. any help?

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
my fender lining is held in with zip ties ... no way i was droppin hella bones on those stupid clips

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
If you have the donor car, id swap the harness. Main reason for me would be because id do a wire tuck.

Man A

homewreker
actually i am working on it lol. i just had to locate 1. i was thinking of getting a CDM harness cause of the daytime running lights. also going from obd0 to 1 and auto to manual heh. A guy 3 hrs away says i can go pull it out his recently totaled teg

Man A

homewreker
Well i sorta slowed down on this. but i have taken out the dash, the rest of the abs and some other crap. the shifters bolts are rusted under the car so thats still in there and i cant get the damn pedals out lol. got the windshield out to reveal goal changing rust.

my bro in law says he can just sheetmetal it. i myself would rather cut the piece off my donor car. sucks

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
that sucks, hope you get it takin care of to save one of the G2s. I need to patch a rust spot also.

Man A

homewreker
unfortunately im relying on an unrelieable person to get it done. ive been waiting for almost 2 weeks for him to bring over his welding shit. he has a 1stgen rx7 hes working on so i dont bother him to much about it. ill just have to work around it for now.

Man A

homewreker
Well this is a little update on whats going on. The projects taking me some time because A. i have to buy tools as i need them and B. I just had a baby. This is my second son woot. Anyway---

I cleaned the crap out the engine bay. spray, scrub, rinse 3 times. and yes im keeping it red in there. I have removed the entire dash. I got the 5sp pedals in. I changed the main wire harness. Why? you ask. Because the car is going from OBD0 auto to OBD1(vtec) 5spd. that was a bitch i might add. i put the dash back in only to find the dash harness was different. so i got that and now its in and the dash is going back in. I have taken the Power lock sub harness out of the donor DA and put that in. I bought a compressor, DA sander (dual action not integra duh) a grinder and now i need a hose lol. i have started some sanding by hand. I also started masking off the parts and areas that will now be painted. I will be picking up my non-ABS brake lines and MC this week. those will go in probably the same day. I didnt take no pics because theres nothing special to see just yet. im taking my time but plan to finish by next summer.

peace

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Glad to see your keeping with it, well seems like your making good solid progress to me, definetly keep us updated and good luck with everything. Let us know if you need any help or advice with anything.:thumbs up Also congrats on the new boy, i'm waiting for my girl, she should be out any day now, she was due yesterday.