Man A's project

Man A

homewreker
So 4 doors and i didnt want to use either one. I took a look on craigs list just for anything i might see. Yup 2 GSR doors 1 1/3 hr away from here. picked them up yesterday. looking good. they cut the harnesses. but i still have the ones from my old DA that i bought cause i had added oem power locks. Oh and Aztec green. I was in my garage just staring at the color. its very nice. but not my tatse. hahaa ANTHRACITE!!!!

Quik question. I can paint a car with 1 QT of paint? i doubt i need a gallon no? shits pricey. for good paint

any way for anyone in the area I have 2 pass and 2 drive sde door extra.

and to ship Ive got a set of door lock actuators a set of lock switches. door panels have 1.5" tweeter holes in em.

Sammich

to get those pedals out..u practically have to take out the steering column...i dealt w/ that when i did my auto to manual conversion

Man A

homewreker
yea it wasnt fun at all. but since i was swaping the entire main harness the whole dash had to come out. ive heard you can just drop the column and leave it connected to the uhm steering rack(?)

but now after putting the column back in( i took it entirely out) the tilt is very tight. i think i didnt put the bolts in correctly where the column shaft connects to the steering rack. so its gonna come back out

Sammich

or maybe over tightened some bolts...its possible. i didnt fully get to work on my car when i did my conversion i had help while i wasnt there to work on it

Man A

homewreker
yes your right. there is a bolt that can loosen the column. but it seems miss alligned. eh ill check it another day. right now im working on the doors. I got 1 on and i swapped the wire harness from my old DA into the new door. the guy cut the old harness.( someone would have loved to have it) right now im messing around with the door handles. im trying to install the DB1 rear handles for the shaved keyhole look

Man A

homewreker
just a quik pic. the damn mixed colors lol. i did have a grey mirror on too. yep the doors came off a GSR. nothing special, just the color. had to put in new harnesses cause the last owner cut them. loser. this craps taking forever. now my GF is going back to work on Oct 1st. so ill only have 2 days a week to mess around. I gotta get my other DA stripped before winter hits

Shaved door keyholes ( DB1 Rear Door Handles )

Man A

homewreker
I really need to find a cheap welder machine. so i can deal with the rust spots. Kinda hard getting things going when you gotta buy all the tools at the same time. i also need a frikin paint gun. id love to get a DeVilbiss but might end up getting some cheap shit.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I thought about doing the DB1 handle swap, then id have to keep a window down in the garage.

Man A

homewreker
I thought about doing the DB1 handle swap, then id have to keep a window down in the garage.
im not sure i understand. keyless entry can control the locks . go oem and you know it will work. if it ever fails jump thru the hatch. if you got that shaved....... uhm maybe a hidden push button.
also whats the diff between having the window down in the garage and up on the street as far as unlocking? if thats what you were getting at

Man A

homewreker

GSR Cluster!!!!!! got it for 50 shipped with a cracked clear plastic. just replaced it with my old one from the auto teg. i really wanted the jdm one but fuck spending that much

Man A

homewreker
Wooohoooo just got a new job!!! 15hr. beats the hell outta 9hr. now the cash is really gonna start coming thru. and guess where its going. oh and an engagement ring lol a tiny 1 way smaller than the b18c i plan to get