Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Acura Integra Technical > Forced Induction / Nitrous

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

b18a1 Turbo

Forced Induction / Nitrous

Old 12-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #1
fodo91ls

Default b18a1 Turbo

I've thought about boosting my LS in the DA.
I've heard a stock LS block is good for up to about 10 pounds of boost?

If I were looking to not really go above 10psi what would I be looking at doing with my internals/block?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
fodo91ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
racinfeend59

how many miles on it? if they're low u should be able to get away with doing a low psi boost as long as u change the injectors and stuff
also probably want to get an OBD1 conversion so u can tune it
racinfeend59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #3
E85B18

Send a message via AIM to E85B18

How many miles do you have? Do leakdown and compression tests to check the status of your engine. If its healthy i'd run 8 psi, you could run 10. The more you run the harder it is on the motor. If you get a block guard you could run 12psi. Thats what i'd do if you dont want to do a full build.
E85B18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #4
TeggyBear_Ls
90 EF LS/V 95 DC4

Send a message via AIM to TeggyBear_Ls

Quote:
Originally Posted by fodo91ls View Post
If I were looking to not really go above 10psi what would I be looking at doing with my internals/block?
Well, new stuff. New, Better stuff. Stronger bottom-end. You could get a BC stroker kit for the B18 and be set, and have a bigger displacement to boot as well.

If you're scared of running high boost, i've got a turbokit for sale that's wastegate is set @ only 5.7psi. And it's only $800... Even with just 5.7psi you should be looking @ atleast an 40-60whp gain.

But for sure, check out your car's maintenence stuff before doing anything major. Check for vacuum leaks, coolant, oil leaks, check your spark plugs, maybe even get new ones, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*Traded :'(
2003 Nissan 350z
1990 Honda CRX ED8 - Drag car; 13.6 @ 105MPH - *SOLD*

13.6 @ 102mph; Buttonwillow CW13 - 2:25
xbox live gt: KirbyBuilt559
PSn: KirbyBuilt350z
TeggyBear_Ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:43 AM   #5
Spody02
Name: Cody

Send a message via AIM to Spody02

ok, do a comp. test, see if your motor is healthy, make sure your not leaking oil or coolant, or burning anything. if your motor is healthy your okay to boost, and if you want to build your motor, then build your head that where all cars make there power, but if you want to be able to run more psi, then build up your bottum end, dont just get block guard, they blow, go read about them, get the motor sleeved and get stronger rods, and low comp piston, there is alot of info on here about building motors for boost... do a little bit of research before you get in over your head
Old 12-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #6
Winki
Undercover mod

Send a message via AIM to Winki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spody02 View Post
ok, do a comp. test, see if your motor is healthy, make sure your not leaking oil or coolant, or burning anything. if your motor is healthy your okay to boost,
pretty much. you can make 200whp on 7 psi im sure you would be happy with that
That's not quite a good theory or reason for voting! You don't see many chicks with dicks either. Think about it. lol

Subaru AWD DD - Put Put
E46M3 -
[/SIZE]
95 Integra (SOLD) - Vroom Pshhhh

Winki is offline   Reply With Quote