CAMS interchange

93tegger

I have a 1993 gs 4dr (db1) b18a1 and I was wondering if I could swap my cams with ones from a b18b automatic from 1996+. Would this give me a noticeable difference in torque or power Apparently the performance differences on the two engines are only from cams and intake manifold.. mostly. And since auto cams are typically more aggressive, I figure that it might be a good pick up. Any thoughts? :???: :???:

93tegger

1 Yes
2 Hell no
3 Wat
Why would you say no? If the only difference from an A to B engine are cams and intake manifold (yea ecu changes after 95), and the B has slightly more torque and power, why wouldnt swapping those cams give me a little more push?

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Why would you say no? If the only difference from an A to B engine are cams and intake manifold (yea ecu changes after 95), and the B has slightly more torque and power, why wouldnt swapping those cams give me a little more push?
No, you wont feel shit, get some Crower's and some p30 pistons

B1 has 10 more horses bc of intake mani and ecu

93tegger

No, you wont feel shit, get some Crower's and some p30 pistons

B1 has 10 more horses bc of intake mani and ecu

hmm... although I have a hard time that the intake mani and ecu change gives 10whp and all that torque difference in the two engines and none of it is attributed to the cams according to you. EVEN THO the changes in cams is the same as the 10hp that the b18a1 gained from 90-91 to 92-93, going from 130-140hp....with only difference in engine is cams... interesting. anyone else have an educated opinion? (no offense)

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
hmm... although I have a hard time that the intake mani and ecu change gives 10whp and all that torque difference in the two engines and none of it is attributed to the cams according to you. EVEN THO the changes in cams is the same as the 10hp that the b18a1 gained from 90-91 to 92-93, going from 130-140hp....with only difference in engine is cams... interesting. anyone else have an educated opinion? (no offense)
Tell you what then I have like 3 pairs of these cams laying around from previous engines that I swapped some real cams on, ill sell them to you for next to nothing if you want to swap cams and still be slow

93tegger

Tell you what then I have like 3 pairs of these cams laying around from previous engines that I swapped some real cams on, ill sell them to you for next to nothing if you want to swap cams and still be slow
No, thankyou- I can go to pick and pull and yank em myself, cams are nearly impossible to tell where they came from.

And Im not slow.

tilegend

93 GS KA4AT
14111-pr4-000 Camshaft, In.
14121-pr4-000 Camshaft, Ex.

93 GS KA5MT

that answers your questions whether or not A/T camshafts are any different from M/T

and if your searched...

http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=28865

B18A1 (90-91)

Camshaft specs:
IN: 1.3160
EX: 1.3083

B18A1 (92-93) B18B1 (94-95)

Camshaft specs:
IN: 1.3274
EX: 1.3083

you would see that only the intake camshaft changes

Last edited:

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
93 GS KA4AT

93 GS KA5MT

that answers your questions whether or not A/T camshafts are any different from M/T
Dude hes fast with them b1 cams :lol:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I have a 1993 gs 4dr (db1) b18a1 and I was wondering if I could swap my cams with ones from a b18b automatic from 1996+. Would this give me a noticeable difference in torque or power Apparently the performance differences on the two engines are only from cams and intake manifold.. mostly. And since auto cams are typically more aggressive, I figure that it might be a good pick up. Any thoughts? :???: :???:
im sorry thats funny to me

but its all from the intake manifold and the ecu like previously stated. 10 hp gains can be seen from a chip and a bolt on. thats why you tune your car to get maxumum hp when adding aftermaket parts.

red.line

im sorry thats funny to me

but its all from the intake manifold and the ecu like previously stated. 10 hp gains can be seen from a chip and a bolt on. thats why you tune your car to get maxumum hp when adding aftermaket parts.
I lol'd hahaha.

No, thankyou- I can go to pick and pull and yank em myself, cams are nearly impossible to tell where they came from.

And Im not slow
Ok, what do you consider fast then? It must be very different from my definition.
If you're looking for more power than you have now from some stock B1 cams, you fall into the slow category.
I also own a DB. Mine isn't fast, I barely consider it quick, but I'm fairly certain it'll beat you. So now, to get an idea of just how "not slow" you are, what is fast to you?