tune up, help please

Anders819

hi i have a few questions i have a 96 integra ls.it has 174000 miles i have been told at around 160 you should do a timing belt change on it it runs fine just wanted to know if i should and also wnated to know what all i should get for doing a tune up plugs and wires? i also wanted to know cold air intakes and exhaust kits to get alittle more power i really dont have alot of money to put into it so any help would be helpful this is also my first tuner car . thank you

JGvtec

You normally do timing belt/ water pump at 100k

Spark plugs: gap and replace also check the wires for cracks
Oil and filter: drain and replace
Air filter: check and replace if necessary
Coolant: check and replace if necessary
PCV valve: check and replace if necessary
Timing belt: check for wear and change if necessary
Water pump: check for leaks
Accessory belts: looks for cracks and replace if necessary
Transmission fluid: check flevel and color (replace if necessary)
Power steering fluid: check and top off
Brake fluid: check level and color (replace if necessary)
Front & Rear brakes: replace if most of the thickness has been worn away also check the lines
Parking brake: check and adjust
Tire rotation: Check pressure and tread and rotate
Hoses: check for spongy hoses or cracking (replace if necessary)
Fuel lines & filter: Check and replace if necessary
suspension & steering: Check for loose components, check cv joint boots for leaks

As far as making power with a CAI and exhaust you wont make a noticeable difference. CAI the real big thing is just the filter you put on.

mjones73

Timing Belt is recommended at 90k on these cars. If it was replaced at 90k as recommended, you should be due for another at 180k. If you have no idea if it's been replaced, just replace it asap. You don't want to risk a break because the B-series is an interference motor which means if the timing belt snaps, you'll have piston to valve contact and you'll be rebuilding/replacing your motor.