ECU Code

DopenessFool

Fuel Injector question...

so i just read the ecu codes and im getting one long flash followed by 6 small bursts.
which meanss
16 Fuel Injector System
defective circuit or unplugged / defective fuel injector

the circuit is the wire connecting to the injector right? how would i check which one is defective?

Last edited:

DopenessFool

thanksss.

what would likely be the cause for the code?
the injector or the Fuel injector electrical connector?

thanksss.

what would likely be the cause for the code?
the injector or the Fuel injector electrical connector?
Hard to say. Our cars are just getting older and things are at the age where they wear out. Wish I could be more helpful.

DopenessFool

Hard to say. Our cars are just getting older and things are at the age where they wear out. Wish I could be more helpful.
thanks Talon! ill do some research on it.

but do Fuel injector electrical connectors even go bad?
or is it one of those things that last the life of the car

cre-asian1

the fuel injector will where out faster it has nothing to do with the connectors unless there damaged in some way or another but there good for the life of the car now on to the injectors now tryin to find out which injector exactly is the quest you need to be on if you have a dmm that would help out a whole bunch so your goin to have to find out what is the ohms are suppose to be and test each injector the one that is not within spec well thats your bad one and then r and r it

DopenessFool

dang resarching codes get me all confused.ha

now i read that code 16 could also mean a bad o2 sensor which is making you run lean or rich.
rightt or no?

DopenessFool

would a clogged fuel filter have anything to do with the code? since its not getting as much gas to the injectors the computer might read it as the injectors itself? yes?no? ha