installing coilovers - bolts are seized :(

danik05

so after having my new coilover sleeves put on the front wheels, my mechanic tells me that the bolts are seized on the rear and in order to install the coilovers on the rear wheels i will need new lower control arms, bolts (at $15 a piece), and labor for a total of $360. I was wondering if there was any way to get the coilovers installed for cheaper? or is this the best option available? (note: i am not mechanically inclined).

thank you.

Last edited:

Cman46290

welcome to the world of old Honda suspension...

this is very common... its not a fun job... and very time consuming... as Samurai said... do it yourself... or find someone to do it cheaper.

krisx13

Schweet.
that happened to me too. i got some guys to do it all for me. $360 isn't tooooo bad, i got them to take out the old bolts, put in my rear shocks and change the trailing arm bushings for about 500

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
that happened to me too. i got some guys to do it all for me. $360 isn't tooooo bad, i got them to take out the old bolts, put in my rear shocks and change the trailing arm bushings for about 500
That's not fair. You're a chick and you're cute. Unfair advantage, lol...

JGvtec

Iyo are not mechanically inclined then i wouldn't do it.

RoachGSR

Theres only one way to build cars and save money its called DIY...... Coilovers are easy buy a book and get to learning guy. After you finish I bet you'll be amazed at how easy it is.

1994 Integra

had same problem. Im actually getting back to work on installing my bushings now. Lots of pb and heat. Setaline torch heat. propane will prolly work just take longer.

72Spitfire

Buy a can of PB Blaster and soak all the bolts once a day for two weeks. After soaking, use a good 12pt socket to get a good grip and then slightly TIGHTEN the bolt first. Then loosen and your free. They get very rusted and frozen over the years. Mine was a nightmare, so much in fact that I pull the suspension apart every spring and clean and lube the bolts so it never happens again.
Good luck to you!

Vidiot

Soaking the bolts help but I had the bolt bind/bond to the bushing so you have no choice but to cut or in my case air chisle it off

99TegLs

just to bring this post back from the dead... my bolt broke off on the rear right coilover.... I took everything off but the bolt is stuck in the bushing. it wont hammer out, spin out, drill out isnt working cuz my bits and drills suck... i torched it and this is my dd. any ideas?

98gsrDc2

stolen....
just to bring this post back from the dead... my bolt broke off on the rear right coilover.... I took everything off but the bolt is stuck in the bushing. it wont hammer out, spin out, drill out isnt working cuz my bits and drills suck... i torched it and this is my dd. any ideas?
Get a new bolt and bushing