how do you remove the rear hatch?

MehMean

i have a 94 LS it has the hatch with the wing but right where the wing bolts up it has a shit load of rust!!! so much that i think id have to weld in another piece in there to save it. i purchased a new hatch and would like to know how do you remove the old one?
Thanks in advanced
MehMean

mikenichol123

facebook= mnichol3
u pretty much gotta gut the interior to get the headliner down and out so u can get to the bolts that hold the hatch on

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
lift the hatch and then pull the trim from around the headliner and theres like a bunch of bolts and ya unbolt it and have a few friends hold the hatch for you :thumbs up

MehMean

thanx a lot everyone. this website is number 1!

also try not purchasing an east or west coast car next time lol I see peoples engine pics on here that live on the coast line and it's like wtf dude did you soak your engine in water with welding leads in it lol it is amazing what mother nature can do to metal.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
also try not purchasing an east or west coast car next time lol I see peoples engine pics on here that live on the coast line and it's like wtf dude did you soak your engine in water with welding leads in it lol it is amazing what mother nature can do to metal.
depends on how its kept mines from new york and there isnt that much rust

MehMean

i live in the Midwest man i am so far away from the coastline i think Kansas is literally in the middle haha

mikenichol123

facebook= mnichol3
im in michigan and i carfaxed my car and its a cali car. been in cali up until a few years ago. must say its pretty rust free lol

phatintegra

Banned
I live on the East Coast and I have no rust on the teg. I own my teg for 11 years (orig owner). My engine bay is clean.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
I lived in California and all the old cars are rust free unless they were kept RIGHT ON THE BEACH. Recently I moved to Utah where it snows every winter and all the old cars are rusted to shit. Same thing with Colorado and Idaho cars. The rear LCA bolts are seized on all the junkyard Hondas here. So unless you live within a couple miles of the coast, your car isn't going to rust like it will from the salt on the roads in freezing climates.

You get a dozen miles away from the coast in Cali and it's a desert. Desert climate is the absolute best for preserving cars. Think CA, AZ, NV, NM.

I live in colorado and my cars have always been fine and it's not so much the rust i was talking about it's the bright green corrosion like you get on a car battery. I worked for harley davidson forever and you'd see bikes come in during sturgis that were from the west coast and basically all the chrome bolts on the things were green from the salt water in the air lol