dc2 j swap info

ilovemyacura98

So i looked every were on here and seems that there is no info on j swaps. i have a j35a1 and a j32a2 i need to find out what motor would handle boost better. the j35 is a lower compression motor

Nick_C78

Whoa, you want to j-swap AND boost it? You are my hero if you go through with it.

J35 sits taller so youll likely have to cut your hood. I know that a J35 with a j32 head is a very nice set up because the J32 head has more flow and larger intake valves. I am not sure about the block difference though. I am inclined to say that the j32 will probably have thicker cylinder walls, which is more ideal for boost. The j35 probably uses the same cast block as the j32 just probably bored more and stroked. That being said I would just boost the j32. It will fit better in the engine bay, has stronger block and has better head flow. The con is that it has higher compression, but not by much and with a good tuner that won't be an issue.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
That would be a beautiful build but it will be time consuming. Please post a diy when your finished. Might want to try that with my 96