Looks or Engine First?

Where should I spend my money first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vash9

Integra Newbie
Hey guys. I was just wondering, since i get paid somewhere near this month, i just wanted to get your opinions first.

I have an all Stock GS Sedan, sadly, automatic. I was just wondering what was better improve first?

Looks ?

Or the Engine/performance?

The first thing i know for a fact is that i will get some springs or ground control coilovers to lower the car first. That's a must on my list. But other than that i was wondering what to do first.

I want my car to look like every other DC2 here haha. Not literally, but the stock look with lips, etc. But the thing is that would that make me a ricer? Such a nice looking car, yet can't probably even keep up with any other teggy in this forum.

THEN i thought about working on the performance area. I love a fast integra. It makes me drool. I wanted a whole swap, a supercharger or turbo, etc. But one day, before driving to school, i looked at what i had. The only thing i hate about my car. It's an automatic. I know how to drive manual and i wanted to get a stick integra, but since i didnt contribute even a penny into buying the car, my parents said just get automatic for now and do a tranny swap later. I figured, that's a hell of a deal. I checked around online and a few shops in a few cities and all tranny swaps come near to at least $700 or above. And dealing with an automatic, it would be pointless to put performance parts, in my opinion ( this does not apply to any other owners of automatic with performance parts in this forum. This is just my thought. I apologize if it offends any automatic owner in any sort of way. that's not the point i was shooting for)

what should i do first? I think i have a $1000 budget at the end of it all.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Do engine first. Making a car look fast that isn't fast makes you look lame. IMO

vash9

Integra Newbie
yeah that's what i thought. it would make me the same as those who have their fast and furious body kits. super lame.

another question just generated in my mind just now also. With an engine swap, does it come with a tranny swap? i highly doubt it, but if not, which i'm sure it won't, i just gotta get a tranny swap first.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
id rather have an ugly car with good performance than a tricked out looking slowmobile. i really dont like body kits i see on most cars. i like the modified stock look. my dream is to build the ultimate sleeper.

racinfeend59

u can just get a GSR tranny swap
it will work with any engine ur gna swap into it im sure
and it will work with the b18 u have in it now

vash9

Integra Newbie
yeah true. I hate body kits. it was just an example. haha. I also do love my stock look, i just wanted to add the lips. it would make it look nicer. I do love sleepers too.

thats a 2 for performance. 0 looks. :]

racinfeend59

btw i got my whole gsr tranny installed and everything for 800....and i gotta imagine ur gna gain alot of enjoyment from having it manual
and the gearing ratio will help out with speed

racinfeend59

woops i meant to add more

anyways...so thats a good place to start
than you can always slam it first with some cheap rims (rotas or blades or meshes or something) and that will still make it look nice enough so ppl respect it

Spody02

Name: Cody
man, what a way to start a 4 door auto...

unless your gonna do a swap, i would just make it hard parker lol

vash9

Integra Newbie
TegSox, thanks for adding the poll. Never realized that it would be a great time to create one for this thread.

racinfeend58, yeah man! that's what i was thinking of when i was going to get the tranny swap. I was gonna put the GSR. It cost 800$? Whoa. I think i can get that done possibly. The ground control coilovers from here : https://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=390&idproduct=1665
i'm keeping my stock meshies. i love them. i was just thinking about painting them a color, yet don't know which color matches with silverish. here's the color of my teggy: http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=26441

Spody02, haha. Dont really know what you mean and i apologize for being really such a newbie at this stuff, but i actually love sedans haha. It's more comfy and i usually take the family out and i'd be tired of adjusting the seats over and over from having to move it for the other people who would ride too. Sedans FTW! i hate automatic. Nothing wrong with a coupe either. I just hate that insurance costs so much depending on the doors too..so gay. well i mean what can i say. i paid $0 for the car. And will be paying $0 for the insurance. Cant really complain considering i'm only 16. haha.

Last edited:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Your other thread says "almost done with the exterior all i need are lips and a drop"....

I say finish what you started and then move to the engine.

Spody02

Name: Cody
hard parker is for looks, but it hard to mod an auto, cause the tranny can only take sooo much or your going to have put new ones in all the time, first thing i would worry about is doing a gsr swap or atleast a manual tranny swap. i guess it really just depend on your power goals, how much you want to make

vash9

Integra Newbie
Yeah Ominous, like i typed before, the first thing for a fact i will get over all, is the ground control coilover kit. That's the first thing i will get for sure. I am indeed almost done with the exterior. Just needed a little paint job spot and i wanted the lips. I've been looking at them for awhile, but then i've had also time to think about it also. I do indeed love looks, but overall, i care for performance. so i guess i'm just being retarded and changing my mind, but i just wanted to ask which was better rather than just do any retarded things to the car.

Spody02, oh i see. Yeah, i know for a fact that Auto is barely moddable. I was going to get the GSR swap, then a buddy of mines is also selling his B18C5. I was thinking about getting the tranny swap first, then getting the engine and since he is a very close buddy, he lets me pay him monthly or such. Is this possible? Doing the tranny then engine? or would that just screw the car all up?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
You can always work on handling, sway bars after those coilovers will make your car a lot of fun in the corners.

It is possible to swap in a GSR trans without the engine, won't hurt anything. Just switch to a manual ECU, when you do.