Engine swap: what should be done when the engine is out?

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
So im putting the b18b from my ls into a gsr shell, i am going to try and replace some of the pain in the ass parts while the engine is out of the car and i am trying to figure out how much its going to cost.

right now i am going to replace the cv axles with new ones, steering assembly from the ls, and brake lines for sure, but i am also thinking about the clutch and timing belt (with all the other stuff). is there anything else i should look at replacing as well?

72Spitfire

Maybe change the front wheel bearings while it's apart depending on the mileage on them. Anything over 175K and I would think about it. These may be around $80 each for good ones. (You get what you pay for so to speak).
Change the motor mounts. Old mounts cause the engine to shift around alot. This stresses tranny components and affects handling too.
Clutch kit, water pump and timing belt. Check the cam seal and replace if leaking (BLOX makes a nice one). Check the oil pan gasket too. Do it now while the engine is out and do it RIGHT so you don't have to do it again! Observe all toque specs etc, etc.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Thats my idea, the engine has 92xxx miles on it and im low on cash, its still in my crashed car. the bearings have 144xxx miles on them so i should change those too, im going to be doing the entire suspension next summer with parts on the crashed car so i might wait until then for the bearings, i will do the clutch, timing belt + stuff, and the various gaskets while the engine is out then

thanks

EDIT: what would be some good mounts that wont rape my wallet? the car is going to stay stock aside from some bolt ons so i dont need anything too crazy.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
wheel bearings should be checked before as they dont tend to go out
axles for sure
shift linkage bushings
motor mount bushings