Can I add a manual trunk release?

DC4Dan

Can't find much on it. But my 99 Teg has an electric trunk release in the back and no manual way to release the trunk. Can I just pick up a release button and run a manual pull wire back to the trunk mechanism like it is in older tegs? Has anyone done this? Do I need a different trunk mechanism to achieve this? My motor is broke btw. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsr_nikhil

In for an answer. All of our 98+ Teg's suffer from that stupid switch. I even bought a new motor only for it to crap out on me a few months later lol

Sent from my Moto seX using Tapatalk

DC4Dan

[Q UOTE=gsr_nikhil;1321583]In for an answer. All of our 98+ Teg's suffer from that stupid switch. I even bought a new motor only for it to crap out on me a few months later lol

Sent from my Moto seX using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking there has to be a way to do it. What the difference if your pulling the release tab with a wire or the motors pulling it right?

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
When I went to pull the lever for the trunk, on the driver floor. I had one of them confused look on my face, as all I saw was just a gas lever. I looked in the glove box for a button, thinking it was electrical. Go figure, its not that high end of a car like the TL's :(

DC4Dan

Don't you still have a keyhole though?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
well yeah but everytime i pop the trunk i have to use my key. so if my cars running i have to turn it off and i always forget my keys in the trunk hole too

osiris19

Well if you don't have the cable then no, there's no other way. You could buy a manual latch and run the cable to the front and rig it up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DC4Dan

Yeah I'm thinking about grabbing the wire and latch from
The junk yard. I guess I could grab the latch itself while I'm at it

gsr_nikhil

There's a write up on TI I believe of a different actuator altogether. I'm on mobile and can't find the link but Google integra truck latch problem or something you may be able to find it

Sent from my Moto seX using Tapatalk

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
to put a manual release in your 98+ it will bolt in your teg but your half to over right the 98+ electric trunk release to make the cable to work. Now im not sure how to specific to do that, but was its not as simple as I thought, and im better off just putting in a solenoid. so that's what I ended up doing.

DC4Dan

I just installed the actuator and it works great!! I used self tapping screws to place it where I needed it. Also is it ok to use wire nuts on car wiring?

DC4Dan

I ended up installing electric . The latch doesn't pull it pushes so I'm not sure to to install a manual release