lug locks stuck on help!!!!

ibleedblacknred

hey i have a 92 teg just bought suspension trying to get wheels off and it has locks half of them they are pritty much striped and cant get them off went to pep boys tried sockets but the rims dont give enouph room to get them in there what do i do no shop will help me i just moved to georgia and they all tell me i shouldent of bought a honda aghhh help

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
sounds like all of them are haters. Love them and flip them off as you drive by the store lol

Its not easy. Pics would help. I heard people breaking the studs to get the wheel off. How they did it, i don't have a clue. Sorry, wish i could help more :p

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
Get a socket that are barely larger than the lug nut and hammer it on til it gets stuck. Then turn til the lug nut comes loose. You might have to buy several sockets I you have multiple ones that are stripped.

ibleedblacknred

Get a socket that are barely larger than the lug nut and hammer it on til it gets stuck. Then turn til the lug nut comes loose. You might have to buy several sockets I you have multiple ones that are stripped.
i did that but the holes in the rims wont allow the sockets to fit...

ibleedblacknred

what about taking the springs off of the struts without the spring compressor i got one but the gaps inbetween the springs are to small... im just having a hell of a day im just trying to get something done and nothing wants to work

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Yeah pics! I would use a socket that fits it really snug. Then pound it on with a hammer and torque that bitch off.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
If it's a outer spline locking lug nut, hammer on 17mm sockets and it'll come off.

If there's no other way all you can do is weld on a socket and do it 1 by one.

It'll cost you some money though lol.

The last resort and something you can do is using griptite or a stripped bolt removing socket.

Sets can cost a pretty penny from 30-50 a set of 4 varying sizes and can cost a lot more if you break them.

They've worked wonders for me before. I've had to remove flywheel bolts that were stripped when installed from the factory and I was about to call it quits. Would've been a terrible waste to drive 3 hours to a junkyard and leave with nothing because of a couple stripped bolts.

SoundEfx

He might be in my situation where the lock is internal.
Meaning, the outside of the nut is round and the lock groves are inside, so you'll need a hex or torx style wrench to get the nut off.
I ran into this problem when I had to get a new trailing arm, but because I couldn't get the wheel off, had to buy it all attached.
(It's still in my garage in one fuccing piece....facepalm)
I haven't found the right size 'what-ever-is-needed' to take off the locks.

By the way, each stud has a lock on it (FACEPALM)

ibleedblacknred

there outter spline lock's and i cant get sockets into the holes in the rims idk what to do and i cant get any shops to help me.... ughhh

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Doesn't take service on your phone to upload pics unless your phone doesn't have wifi.

If it's the typical spline drive, on the outside like I think you stated. There's only 1 size, all tire shops have those lug locks. If they are stripped, and stripped bolt removing sockets can't fit. All you can do is drill out the studs and reinstall new studs.

It would be significantly cheaper to buy a whole new used set of knuckles and trailing arms.

As for the inner spline locking lug nuts, I use them. Whenever I lose a key I buy a whole set of lugs from vatozone. They are the only ones that supply them and a lot of tire shops stopped using them because their air impacts crack them.

Internet shopping is another option.