Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OneFastGSR

Well, Started it up, Thermostat opened up as it should, temp gauge actually read pretty good, It was going up pretty steadily instead of digits all over the place. Radiator fan kept kicking on at around 220, Still was getting pretty hot... thermostat open, radiator fan on, and digits were reaching up for 240. (Whenever radiator fan kicked on, The temperature varys ALOT, It'll be going back and fourth between 210-240, sometimes it'll go all the way down to like 175 or so than the fan shuts off and it goes up like it should, But whenever fan kicks on it'll get hot for a few seconds reaching up to 240 while idling, than it'll drop. I didn't test it very long because I don't like reading 240 on the temp gauge. Can't really go test ride it around either. So not exactly sure if I fixed it for good or not lol

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Well im glad you called lol did you check the block?

I think maybe a whole new harness might be your friend of he says the electrical on the bike is nuts. But you can fix it I'm sure, just need tools and patience.

What's all happening with the 600 now?

OneFastGSR

Yeah I looked all around the block I don't see nothing welded... Lol. The 600 I told him I fixed the brake light and the fan/thermostat issues, He was still concerned about the slight engine movement and the starter problem, Like the warmer the bike is the slower it'll start. I think I bought a bad battery, Like it'll have 12.6 volts full power, fuel pump priming sounds weird, Like 2 different tones, a louder tone than smaller tone, But if I hook up a good battery charger to it, the fuel pump primes in one solid tone and bike cranks fast starts right up runs great. Without battery charger on it, It cranks slow, hard to start, etc.

Going to install this motor mount bolt and that should take away the motors movement, Which was one thing he didn't like about it. So maybe after I install that bolt, I can see what else I can do to it, See if he'll trade

OneFastGSR

I'm really trying to get it fixed enough to where this guy might trade me that 2011. One of my friends I just talked to today he wanted a 2011 cbr 600rr just like it, red and black, same color and everything. He said if I traded he'd give me 4k for the 600rr

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Duuuuuude that'd be killer! Yeah a new battery is like 70 bucks. Might be worth it to make it better?? Although you'll want to use some one else's good battery and make sure it's getting a good charge from your charging system (to make sure that's not the problem).

OneFastGSR

I figured my power problems woulda been fixed by now, installed a new stator and new battery already. Battery stays charged now, But it is weak whenever the bike is warm... Lol

OneFastGSR

Yeah everyones best guess is bad battery. I think my bike might be missing a important ground or something. Whenever it's idling as the idle varies up and down the headlight will get dim and bright with the idle cause it idles rough

OneFastGSR

If this guy doesn't trade soon, I'm debating completely tearing the bike down since I have nothing better to do, and someone I know can weld up the frame like it never happened. I looked up how to remove the motor on this thing and if it's a easy as the guide I just read than I could drop the motor in like 30 minutes... Lol

remove seats (already done)
remove fairings (Lol already done)
Remove gas tank cover and gas tank unplug fuel pump (done this like 10 times already)
remove air box (done this a couple times already)
remove throttlebodies and throttle cable
unplug fuel injectors and tps
remove front sprocket cover and front sprocket
remove all radiator hoses, electrical connections, and gear shifter lever
place jack under motor
remove motor mounts
drop motor roll it out on jack

I could do that in like 30 minutes... Lol..

Than I could take it on trailer to this guy to weld her up, Than I can reinstall motor than I know for a fact I could get 3k-35 because I've already had multiple people that would have bought it if it wasn't for the frame I always try to hide it, But whenever they ask me for all the bads on the bike I just have to mention it everytime or I'd feel f***ed up for not telling them. Havn't mentioned it to the guy with the 2011 600rr though lol

OneFastGSR

I havn't got a price, My dads in a motorcycle club and it's one of his friends in the club that does aluminum welding. I'm sure it'll be cheap, Most likely you know like whatever he feels like he wants for his time. Won't be anything like a shop charge i'm sure. Than while I have the motor out I can inspect the starter for damage (Might be causing the no starts when warm), inspect the water pump, I can do a valve adjustment real easily I would think, If I pull the motor I can get alot done to this bike and bring it back to a decent condition imo. If the frame crack was fixed. That's the main thing, Every single other part I can replace. Frame is only non-replaceable part. That's why that crack is so critical and why it's so hard to sell. Everyone knows a cracked frame is pretty serious

OneFastGSR

I'd post a pic if I my camera worked on my phone, But removed gas tank, air box, throttle bodies, radiator hoses, most electrical connectors, gear shifter, sprocket cover, tail is off, Also found out the entire plastic battery tray from behind motor to the end of tail is broke in many spots, Alot of parts underneath the tail fairing etc is plastidipped, Front fairing metal bracket that the front cowl bolts too, Is also broken. Like the metal piece split and it's missing part of it. New complete battery tray is like $80, Front fairing bracket is like $70. Headlight harness all my wires are cut, new headlight sub harness $80 new, About 30 used, Main wiring harness I have a few cut wires I'm pretty sure. New main harness is $300~ Used main harness is like $80~. The more I tear it down the more stuff I find out needs replaced.

What i'm looking at now on removing the motor, I need to remove the radiator, Do something about the exhaust/header, I'm not sure if I should leave header connected to motor and drop the header with it just disconnect it from the exhaust, Or remove header. I'm going to disconnect it from exhaust and try to drop the header with motor first.. Remove some more wiring connections, Lift rear of bike to drop chain and remove front sprocket. 4 motor mount bolts, I think That's all that's left... Going to go remove the radiator right now. Motor's looking pretty free though not much left connected to it