how to get condensation out of 3rd gen headlights?

2001gsrkid

my 3rd gen headlights have condensation all over the inside of them. Does anyone know how to get the water out?

95Silverhonda

You can heat the lamps a little bet then you can open them easier and clean
rub some rubbing compound and then they would be clean

johnnymass

Wow, cl front end?? Really?? Horrible idea

Basically, heat up the headlights in the oven at about 300-350 for about 5ish minutes or until the glue is softened.
Use a flat head to start wedging and pulling apart the glue
Dont touch any chrome parts or else you are very likely to scratch it
Once they are apart, get some rubbing compound like previously mentioned
Heat back up and push them together, then reseal with any waterproof/oil proof glue.
Done
Sit back, and enjoy a beer

j13

Keep It Clean
That's a lot of work just to clean am. Drill a small hole on the top front of the lense and wait for it to go away. Then seal it up with a small plug and clear silicone. Use brasso or a polishing compound for the outside of the lense to take the haze away.

P.S. I've never done this but when mine do fog up ill try this :) lol

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
Vaccume. Remove the bulb and either suck or blow. I do this with my tail lights. I gotta do it again. Too lazy to chang out/seal the gasket :p

anlexanok123

Vaccume. Remove the bulb and either suck or blow. I do this with my tail lights. I gotta do it again. Too lazy to chang out/seal the gasket :p
Any ideas what might be the problem ? some sort of infection ?
Is not metabolic for sure because a use calcium and d3 as well as uv for many months now.

travistrouble

I've got the same problem with my passenger side lights. Anyone know of a write up showing where to put the silicone and what not?