Track Junkie Discussion!

2kdb7

What is a good tire to start with? Let's say auto x. The two "performance" tires I've used were Goodyear eagle gt on 17s and dunlop direzza dz101 on 15s. The issue I had were the goodyears were on big ass bent rims couldn't really get a good feel for them and the Dunlops were pretty much bald when I got them with the rims.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
What is a good tire to start with? Let's say auto x. The two "performance" tires I've used were Goodyear eagle gt on 17s and dunlop direzza dz101 on 15s. The issue I had were the goodyears were on big ass bent rims couldn't really get a good feel for them and the Dunlops were pretty much bald when I got them with the rims.

Get shitty tires first if you go to a more aggressive tire you will never learn the true benefits of going to a stickier tire

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Nick_C78

I started with yokohama s.drives and I had them maxed out by the end of my first day. Had those puppies screaming. Anything 300 tread wear or higher is what I would start with.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
^ this Just get some some performace all season tires - I started out with kuhmo AST and I had them screaming as well haha - but it helps you transition

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
after riding with jdmxdb8 on some touge in LA, i wanted the Azenis. They were good in the snow too. I started to auto x on falken 512s which were replaced by the 912.

I started with yokohama s.drives and I had them maxed out by the end of my first day. Had those puppies screaming. Anything 300 tread wear or higher is what I would start with.
the S drive is awesome!

renarudo

I tracked with my Yoko 520s and that was fun. I think they found their limit within the third session cause I spun halfway on the skid pad turn at SOW. Also did it with Thermoquiet brake pads front and rear, when those run out rotors and pads will be upgraded. What's a good daily rotor/pad combo?

renarudo

Also hi I'm Rey and I think I'm addicted to track days. It's been 3 weeks since then and I can't shake the feeling of wanting more.

renarudo

Cool, I will get on that when I get some spare cash. For the hawk's do you recommend the yellow or the blues?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Hawk "blues" are the ht10s which is a race pad. I would go with EBC yellow or hawk HP+ in the front and stock rear or autozone rear.

I personally use project Mu club racer in the front hawk hp+ rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Hawk "blues" are the ht10s which is a race pad. I would go with EBC yellow or hawk HP+ in the front and stock rear or autozone rear.

I personally use project Mu club racer in the front hawk hp+ rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blues and ht10s are the same? Didn't know that - thought the ht10s had a higher temp rating

Sent from my iPhone 4S