Hello, Noneed2hate here

Noneed2Hate

Hi all, new '01 LS Integra hatchback owner as of today. Spent a little more than I would have liked but it was well taken care of so it worked out in the end. As far as I am aware it is stock, which is fine for now but I plan to make it my own as time goes own.

So far I have a Neuspeed front strut bar on the way, next up will be some new suspension items and whatever else you guys recommend for starting out. Not too worried about aesthetics. Look forward to learning a lot from this forum and it's members! Thanks!
Just a quick pic I snapped of my car today:

Nick_C78

Is the car just going to be a daily? I suggest doing basic maintenance first for the first 3 months, just to make it fresh and find what other hidden issues it has, because there's always something.

Get new spark plugs, wires, dizzy cap, rotor, fuel filter, air filter, oil change, flush radiator, check brake pads, flush brake fluid, inspect timing belt(change belt, tensioner and water pump is recommended) and change trans fluid. That should cover basic stuff. Also inspect and replace iffy looking hoses. Make it reliable as possible before dumping mods in to it.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
First thing I would do is compound, polish, and wax that beautiful paint to keep it protected.

Edit: and clean the headlights, they look hazed.

Last edited:

Noneed2Hate

Is the car just going to be a daily? I suggest doing basic maintenance first for the first 3 months, just to make it fresh and find what other hidden issues it has, because there's always something.

Get new spark plugs, wires, dizzy cap, rotor, fuel filter, air filter, oil change, flush radiator, check brake pads, flush brake fluid, inspect timing belt(change belt, tensioner and water pump is recommended) and change trans fluid. That should cover basic stuff. Also inspect and replace iffy looking hoses. Make it reliable as possible before dumping mods in to it.
More or less my daily driver, but as I said I want to give it a little more oomph in the future. The only things I'll be adding in the near future are things that will affect handling and that's about it.

Everything underneath the hood is clean and in fantastic condition, all the maintenance on this vehicle is up to date and where it should be. Which is one of the reasons I bought it. But I'll definitely keep an eye out for anything that might seem otherwise! Thanks :)

@Aussie, most definitely. I will probably buy some wipes to take the frost off my headlights.

Last edited:

Ryan659

Get a bigger rear sway bar for increased handling. You'll need a aftermarket brace though, ASR is popular.

And :welcome: looks good

Noneed2Hate

Unforunately my neuspeed bar was out of stock from the place I ordered it so it got refunded. I am still looking for a strut. I am thinking of getting an OEM, thoughts?

Noneed2Hate

I ended up getting the DC (I had been eyeing it for a bit before trying to get the neusport) just wasn't sure. Thanks guys!