B20 turbo questions

mikeman990

So my 99 2 door is now b20b swapped I was curious about boosting it and wonder if anyone on here has done so before. Was wondering if the stock intervals would hold boost well and how many lbs could I safely run on it. Also around how much hp I should expect to be getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muckman

Not a M0derator
B20s are tricky because the sleeves are thinner than B18s. There aren't a lot of people making big power on stock sleeve B20s. I would say 300hp is your safe limit on those sleeves. PSI is irrelevant as a measurement because the size of the turbo plays a big factor in PSI so don't use that or listen to anyone who does.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Treat is like an LS. Other shit breaks on them before the sleeves have issues.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I really don't know what that combination would make on a B20. Try to find others who have boosted B20s and see what size turbos they are running at what PSI to make x HP to get an idea.

SoundEfx

This is my 1.5 cents.

A 50 trim T3/T4 turbo should be more than enough for the power gains you're looking for out of the B20.
A T3 might be too small and would leave you with no room for growth if you build the engine later on.

I would keep the psi low, 4 - 7 psi to start off with. It might sound low, but you'll be surprised when you hit full boost and you don't want to break anything. Also, you could always increase the boost later on, but keep in mind that as said before, the cylinder walls are thinner than the B18's, so they can't take as much abuse.

Every engine is different, but with the PROPER tune and supporting parts, injectors, fuel pump... etc, you could have a reliable boosted, stock B20.

300 hp on a boosted B20 requires sleeves to be 100% safe.

Also, keep in mind the usually people build their engine from hp wanted to boost psi and not the other way around.
From what I can gather, 250hp is at the top end of the boosted stock sleeved B20's engine range.

Hope that helped and good luck in your build / boost.
Happy boosting pimp.

Last edited: