Help my 3rd gen Integra turns over but won't start.

tloud

I just replaced my alternator in my 3rd gen 1994 integra rs, its got a b20b cvr swapped engine in it, after replacing the alternator I drove it around for a day. The next morning I was about to head to work, I tried to start my car and it just turned over. I didn't do anything after it turned over I simply waited 5 mins with my key in the ignition, pushed on the gas twice within the 5 mins, turned the key and it started, the start was really rough. I had to give it gas to get the engine going. When I got off work I tried starting my car the same thing happened. It would just turn over, so what I've done so far is check for spark, there is spark, my fuel pump is turning on so I really am baffled by what it could be. Any help would be appreciated. :D

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Once the car is running, does it run normally? Are you getting any hesitation or anything else? When cranking, does it smell like gas?
- Aaron

tloud

Once the car is running, does it run normally? Are you getting any hesitation or anything else? When cranking, does it smell like gas?
- Aaron
when I start the car and I idle it, it sounds like its dying but it doesn't die out, but after driving it sounds normal. Yes i smell gas when cranking.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Alright, and does it do this once the car is hot? Does it still have starting issues when Hot or just when Cold?

tloud

Alright, and does it do this once the car is hot? Does it still have starting issues when Hot or just when Cold?
when the car is all warmed up I have not noticed any problems, Each time I turn off my car after successfully driving it somewhere it doesn't start, it just turns over. Its like I can sometimes have it start then sometimes it just turns over, and when it randomly decides to start its always a rough start, me having to give it gas till it sounds ready to drive.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Well then, if it's having a hard time starting in both Hot and Cold conditions, myself and probably most people here will tell you to clean the FITV. Look in our How-To section on how to do that.

Does the car start up faster if you hold your foot on the gas a little? As in, it's cranking but won't start, you press on the pedal maybe 50% and the car starts trying to run.

tloud

Well then, if it's having a hard time starting in both Hot and Cold conditions, myself and probably most people here will tell you to clean the FITV. Look in our How-To section on how to do that.

Does the car start up faster if you hold your foot on the gas a little? As in, it's cranking but won't start, you press on the pedal maybe 50% and the car starts trying to run.
I'll definitely check out the FITV I found a guide on cleaning it, I just tried giving it gas while starting, it didn't sound like it helped no change in the cranking noise. but each time I've popped the hood, trying to fix it myself these are the steps I go through, first thing I do is check the oil, then I push on the throttle, move around two exposed wires. (I think they don't do anything its just something the previous owner didn't tape up.) I get back in my car, put the key in the ignition, and pump the gas twice, then clutch, and crank. sometimes it starts, so something I'm doing I think might be helping, but I'm not very knowledgeable so I could just be doing nothing.

Darklink14

I have this same problem with my Integra LS 94 its turns on all electrics but wont start the engine... I cant hear the fuel pump when i turn the electrics so i think its a fuel pump problem but it usually worked fine with no problems now im having this problem.. It would be very helpful it some could give me an idea of this issue..

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk