Slow drain on battery!

My 93 ls is not starting. It will take a jump and I can drive it around no problem even turning it off and back on 3 hours later. If I leave it overnight it wont start. I took it to Checker they said the battery, lights and alternator were fine. I bought a trickle charger since it is such a small and slow drain whatever the fuck it is. Thats was not working so I took it to firestone to get diagnosed. They say its a dead cell in my battery, but its not enough to stop it from cranking... Help! :(

Last edited:

Spody02

Name: Cody
either your battery is bad, or your stero or something you wired up, is wired up wrong so its draining the battery

Yes its damn cold here. It is gonna be 10 on Sunday. I havent changed anything since I bought it a few months ago but I will have my man help me check the grounds and the battery. Thanks

Topped off the battery and it has been running fine since. Hopefully that was it. Ill keep my fingers crossed

Ha! If only... going to get new battery. It had been working fine, its so random. I cant figure it out.

johnownsall2

Mine does the same thing i bought a new battery and it was great for like 2 weeks and then i let it sit for like 2 days or so and it woldnt start idk i think its the radio or the grounds but i havent really looked into it watch lol yours is going to do the same thing..

Md426

My eBay power lock kit drained my battery after 4 months of my car sitting, but it wouldn't drain that fast.