how to recharge ac?

Myteg

i was wondering how to recharge my ac. its gettin hot in florida and my ac it blowing out hot air :/ so does anyone kno how to do this?

jznsn2u

Well you need to buy some freons! R134a should be good, you can get that @ kragen or autozone. You're also going to need a pressure gauge for when you charge it into the car.

1. Connect the r134 into your pressure gauge
2. Connect the r134 into the low pressure gauge in your car, it should be in front of the exhaust manifold.
3. Turn on your car and activate your a/c.
4. your car should gradually suck in the new freons.
5. After you're done charging disconnect the lines and keep your car running for a good 10 mins just to break in the newwww freons.
6. You should be set after this.
7. I hope this helped you bro.
8. good luck!

mirrorimg

This will probably be a temporary fix. The refrigerant in the AC lines does not evaporate, which means you probably have a seal leaking some where.

OlegWasHere

Well you need to buy some freons! R134a should be good, you can get that @ kragen or autozone. You're also going to need a pressure gauge for when you charge it into the car.

1. Connect the r134 into your pressure gauge
2. Connect the r134 into the low pressure gauge in your car, it should be in front of the exhaust manifold.
3. Turn on your car and activate your a/c.
4. your car should gradually suck in the new freons.
5. After you're done charging disconnect the lines and keep your car running for a good 10 mins just to break in the newwww freons.
6. You should be set after this.
7. I hope this helped you bro.
8. good luck!
x2 did this today actually lol.

there's a kit you can buy with all that i think it was like 60 bucks.
but i just got the cans.

jznsn2u

This will probably be a temporary fix. The refrigerant in the AC lines does not evaporate, which means you probably have a seal leaking some where.
yeah i think you should check out all your lines to make sure there's no leaking other wise that freon would be a waste to recharge a broken line.

x2 did this today actually lol.
there's a kit you can buy with all that i think it was like 60 bucks.
but i just got the cans.
kool bro :thumbs up

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
fucking gross!

on a side note, thanks for the info. i'll be recharging mine soon.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i still dont know what that is.. and i just got a free can of R134-GTR.. i'll be doing this soon :thumbs up

j13

Keep It Clean
Ill do this soon also...next thing I know its going blow up my fucking car...O_O

IntegraUA

Ok man if u want your Ac the right way take it to the shop and have them do it RIGHT for you... cause if your ac is blowing Hot air and your compressor is working propperly your sistem is empty or very low and how its been mentioned allready Ur AC doesnt evaporate... y would you recharge your system with "cans" if its gonna leak out againt right away or not it doesnt matter....
even if someone ones do do ac work on your own... It is possible to do it cans... you need vaccum pump to pull vacuum on a system for like 30 min and see if it holds... and then put "can" in a nd it will be perfect...
so simply have it done the right way otherwise you r just throwing money into a dumpster.... :(

Adara

Banned
Theres a few civics that come around, maybe will help them. Determine if you have any refrigerant left in your system at all. To do this, you will need to fit a charging hose on the low pressure port, discussed later. Be sure to use eye protection. If your system is completely discharged, it may be contaminated with moisture, and charging will not give satisfactory results unless the source of the leak is found, repaired and the receiver dryer replaced. The open system must be repaired and purged using a vacuum pump to remove air and moisture. You will also want to add compressor oil if the system has been leaking. Evidence of oil leakage and measurement of oil left in a replaced compressor will be a guide as to how much oil to replace.