A/c Recharge

HKDxSAVIER

when i buy a recharge can were do i fit it up to to recharge it?
what kind of freon for integra 91?
and is the recharge can with nozzle all i need?

Last edited:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
It might say on the sticker on the underside of the hood what kind of refrigerant the AC system uses.
As far as recharging it yourself....I've never done that, I can't help you there.

jznsn2u

Well you need to buy some freons! R134a should be good, you can get that @ kragen or autozone. You're also going to need a pressure gauge for when you charge it into the car.

1. Connect the r134 into your pressure gauge
2. Connect the r134 into the low pressure gauge in your car, it should be in front of the exhaust manifold.
3. Turn on your car and activate your a/c.
4. your car should gradually suck in the new freons.
5. After you're done charging disconnect the lines and keep your car running for a good 10 mins just to break in the newwww freons.
6. You should be set after this.
7. I hope this helped you bro.
8. good luck!

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
a 91 takes r12 which you can't get anymore. you need to grt the conversion fittings for it and change over to r134

HKDxSAVIER

WTF!??!

those assholes!
lol
why dont they make it anymore did one blow up on someone or something hahaha

jznsn2u

WTF!??!

those assholes!
lol
why dont they make it anymore did one blow up on someone or something hahaha
Nope they just upgraded to something more common used by modern cars. Kind of like how cars used to be obd0 then through out time car manufactures used obd1 and now obd2.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
Nope they just upgraded to something more common used by modern cars. Kind of like how cars used to be obd0 then through out time car manufactures used obd1 and now obd2.
well kinda, the old stuff was bad for the ozone.