Car Alarm/Remote Start Removal

Pasha

Well the previous owner installed a remote start...incorrectly. It used to drain the battery (something must be shorting somewhere) and so I just unplugged one of the wires to the battery to the car alarm/remote start would stop working. This fixed the problem actually, the only problem now is that I can't pass inspection.

The monitor in my cars that monitor all the stuff, O2 sensor, catalytic censor, all of those are mostly working (20 total monitors), Except 3 (minimum of 2 not working is allowed to pass). After I drive the car for about 20 miles and keep the engine on, all the monitors work. But when I shut the engine off, and start it again, those monitors don't work anymore

So, the monitors do work, my O2 sensor, catalytic censor, and O2 heater sensor are all working, even though it states otherwise after shutting down the engine. However, to pass inspection I'm going to need to fix this. My idea is that the cpu in the car is losing 12 volts from the battery as soon as I power down. I'm going to look in my manual for some schematics but if you guys have any experience with the working removal of this car alarm/remote start, please help. Thank you very much.

dc2b18

Wait... What?
My advice is to undo whatever you did that made the sensors stop working and have a professional remove the alarm/remote start

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
The place I used to work at only charged $40 to remove an alarm/remote start. That may be your best bet. It's hard for us to tell you exactly how to remove it, because there's more than one way to skin a cat, know what I mean?

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
check all your fuses and mainly the ecu fuse, you have no constant feed to the ecu,

Pasha

My advice is to undo whatever you did that made the sensors stop working and have a professional remove the alarm/remote start
I didn't do anything to make the sensors stop working, the remote start in the first place is what's doing it. I know I can take it to a professional, but reading schematics and finding what wire the previous owner removed to make place for this piece of shit is cheaper, and something I rather do myself.

So if anyone has any tips or knowledge on why this could be happening, please help.

I'll check the fuses to the ecu, thanks.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I guess you can just start at the brain and work your way out. Follow all the wires and disconnect them, electrical tape over any bare wire, butt connect the cut wires.

Pasha

check all your fuses and mainly the ecu fuse, you have no constant feed to the ecu,
Where is the fuse for the ecu? Under the hood, or under the dash?

dc2b18

Wait... What?
Coming on here asking for step by step instructions is not doing it yourself. To spare your car's electrical system, it's a good idea to pay to 40-50 dollars and have it removed professionally. There are alot of things that can go wrong and cause problems just by removing alarms/remote starts incorrectly.

Pasha

Coming on here asking for step by step instructions is not doing it yourself. To spare your car's electrical system, it's a good idea to pay to 40-50 dollars and have it removed professionally. There are alot of things that can go wrong and cause problems just by removing alarms/remote starts incorrectly.
Everything works, just need one simple fix, please read my posts. I'll post it again, bolding the parts extra important

I didn't do anything to make the sensors stop working, the remote start in the first place is what's doing it. I know I can take it to a professional, but reading schematics and finding what wire the previous owner removed to make place for this piece of shit is cheaper, and something I rather do myself.

So if anyone has any tips or knowledge on why this could be happening, please help.