Python alarm - locking problem

atomic_peach

I bought a Python 991 system and I have it all hooked up (minus the tach, brake, and defrost; I plan to do those soon) to my 95 db7RS. Anyway, the alarm works perfectly except that it will not lock my doors. If I arm the alarm, it is alarmed, but the doors do not unlock. If I disarm the alarm, the doors will not unlock. If the alarm has power, the passenger side unlock button does not work, all others do. If I de-power the alarm, the switch works fine. Same thing with using the key on the pass. door.

I have the alarm wires tapped into the wiring that the pass. switch uses at the gray connector above the driver's kick panel. Do I need to use diodes? Is the alarm interfering with the circuitry? Is the alarm broken?

I bought the alarm from amazon, so I can't return it. DEI will not help either. Hopefully you guys can?

Also, I noticed my trunk does not have a trunk trigger wire. Does the RS not have one? And can I find the defrost wire near the bottom of the console; if so, where?

Thanks!

wrx-killer

Make sure that you have the door lock harness pluged into the correct port. The bitwritter port looks likes the door lock port. You do not need diodes to do this.

Your trunk trigger is the blue neg input on the alarm brain on the h-1 harness. You can get the defrost wire at the switch. I would put a switch on it becasue on hot days and using the remote start can burn the defog unit out.

If you have alarm brian problems lmk and I can help you out. I have a new python brian I can exchange for you. I am a dei dealer so you don't have to worry about the warranty.

atomic_peach

Wow. I can't believe I overlooked which port it was plugged into. Thanks for that. Everything works perfectly now.

I know the trunk trigger is blue on the alarm, but does an RS have the wire from the trunk already installed? No wires are attached to the trunk lock, so my dash cluster doesn't even light up when it's open.

As for the defrost, what is the easiest way to get a wire up to the switch? I was wondering if the wire ran anywhere down the center column, where my brain is.

Thanks again!

wrx-killer

You can run a lead from the trunk light to the alarm to tell the alarm if the trunk is open or not.

As far as running the wire to defrost. Pick whats easier for you. Or quicker or what ever way makes your feel comfrotable.