Why do we always race

gettingthere

every teg driver always looking for a race. doesnt matter how iniscent the gesture we want to race them. yes we have fast cars stock and it is fun. dont get me wrong i do the same thing to. just bored at work and trying to make conversation. just tell me why we all risk getting tickets to prove ourselves.

bigbro6785

When I first got my car I use to race on the streets, but now i dont risk it. I dont know if they have the same law everywhere, but in Texas it is a felony to street race. If you get caught you dont just get a ticket, they take you to jail right on the spot. Thats why i stick to the track

DownShift96GSR

We race cuz its the idea of "ruling the road". Its a superiority thing. When I first got my Teg and had only a CAI, a 240 kept slightly pulling in front of me trying to be bigger than me. So I decided there was only one way to find out who was top dog, a race. Well, he left with his tail between his legs, put it that way.

It goes back to the fifties and sixties. Like the movie Greese. There was beef so they settled it with a race. Plus there's nothing more exciting than hauling ass on the freeway. Its all about the thrill.......

jdmgsr04

ok the reason why i race is because to get away from shit. and get things off my mind. and get away from a bad day at work. racing is more like a stress releiver sorrie if i cant spell. and plus its fun and all you think about is beating that next car. thats one of the reason why i race. when you have alot going on your mind, when you race all you can think is beating that next car

my anit-drug: Racing

4banger

i dont race much, i have had about 5-6 races in my life. i never seem to find a nice open road. i always get hit up when the streets or highway is crowded. and im smart enough to not race

gettingthere

i remember my first race with my teg. a suburu wrx STATION WAGON WITH A KID IN A CAR SEAT. pulled up next to him and he looked at me (at a stop light) and revved so i revved back. the light turned green and we were off i thought i was doing because i wasnt to far behind then he shifted and i heard a bov and i said what are the odds of that and now im scared of station wagons. my first race ended in dissappointment. went home the loss instead of the v.

DownShift96GSR

jdmgsr04 said:
ok the reason why i race is because to get away from shit. and get things off my mind. and get away from a bad day at work. racing is more like a stress releiver sorrie if i cant spell. and plus its fun and all you think about is beating that next car. thats one of the reason why i race. when you have alot going on your mind, when you race all you can think is beating that next car

my anit-drug: Racing
AMEN to that bro. Especially the anit-drug part, nice touch. But its true, racing has proven to clear your mind of a bad day.

hadjie85

honestly i dont pick any fights with anyone. any races i get into, the other people start them. ive only been in about three races the past 3 1/2 weeks. i know that sounds like a lot, but a couple of those were started cuz i downshifted to slow down for a light and they thought i was tryin to start something. (btw i stopped downshifting to slow down cuz it seems to get me in trouble and the way i see it your brakes are made to stop your car :D )

so when i race its "self defense"!!

sleeperintegra

i save it for the track. at least then u got the proof without the legal issues. lol no point in racing here. we get sent to jail or some other crap like that. :thumbdown

Nd4sped

I used to race on the street until a cop pulled us over and I told him my sift knob popped off and I couldnt shift so I was stuck in 2nd gear....He believed it and let us go...That was a long time ago.

Chuckie Finster

hadjie85 said:
honestly i dont pick any fights with anyone. any races i get into, the other people start them. ive only been in about three races the past 3 1/2 weeks. i know that sounds like a lot, but a couple of those were started cuz i downshifted to slow down for a light and they thought i was tryin to start something. (btw i stopped downshifting to slow down cuz it seems to get me in trouble and the way i see it your brakes are made to stop your car :D )

Werd. I only race, yeah, in "self defense." lol But occasionally, I'll take a high speed blast through the quiet canyon roads. It's addiction. And if I see a dumb ricer with a sticker like "Anti-Honda," then I'll let them hear a little of my BOV. There's a lot of those up here. ;)

slikk

Money Getter
hadjie85 said:

but downshifting and having the compression hold ou feel so much better..

pisses the people behind you off .. buy fuk em