Samurai Blue's Integra Build

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
Maybe it's just the photo angle, idk. Definitely a functional mod though, keeps the bumper from playing air-brake. Bet it looks beastly on track now.

Oh, and molten plastic SUCKS. I remember from when I did my fog light lol. Almost as annoying as going through eighty million cutoff wheels.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
its weird, i havent driven the car much since ive done it. It just feels gutless compared to the NC. The integra just feels so pokey when i drive it on the streets.

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
Wood drive NC.

I need to quit being a baby and do my NA clutch. Well, after I decide if I'm going to use the eGay stage 3 crap clutch, or cave and buy an OE one like I should have in the first place.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Just did track prep yesterday before we head out to Thunderhill for GDS 11.

I really dislike how i have to get on wood to get my car on a jack

transmission and motor oil both getting drained

The fluids currently in the car, I think i may use distilled water and water wetter in august.

Removed my passenger seat because the rail broke somehow,

picked up snacks for the track, went to walmart late last night with Ken from Garage Star. Walmart is interesting at night in the hood.

Last edited:

Nick_C78

I use water wetter. Can't tell if it is doing anything because I don't have cooling issues and no digital gauge, but I see no reason not to use it. To me it is a "It can't hurt" mentality.

Oh and it sounds like you need a better jack.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Looking good!! Can't wait!!!

Hey I heard good things about the water wetter. Are you having cooling issues?
i have zero cooling issues, Im not sure how many cooling issues but i rather be safer than sorry.

I use water wetter. Can't tell if it is doing anything because I don't have cooling issues and no digital gauge, but I see no reason not to use it. To me it is a "It can't hurt" mentality.

Oh and it sounds like you need a better jack.
i have one thats fine for the track but i got one to service all the cars at my house. ill live. lol.

I was just going to use Waterwetter because its cheaper than liquid chill, it will add some extra cooling power in august especially at buttonwillow. I make so many cooling mods to prepare for that shit hole.

dopematic

Jeez, between your mishimoto radiator, fan switch, and and thermostat plus water wetter? Sounds like your motor would run cold all the time. It must take like an hour to warm up huh LOL

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'

So here is what happened Friday:

Got to the track, pumped gas, and found out my card was on hold. That sucked, alot. Got to the track and it was business as usual. I was however asked to participate in "lead follow drills" for the beginners by my friend. That was a very interesting experience, I was able to drive the track at about 60mph and take a look at things. Noticed a lot of things which i dont think i would have. Especially since that day was also a drift day. I saw where dirt was kicked up etc. Since the beginner and Advanced sessions were fairly close together I wasnt able to run a session due to the download meeting. In the later afternoon. On my last session of the day, I was coming down the hill on the backside of the track, downshifted for 10, and lost all power parked it on the inside of turn 12. Over on "the shortcut" It was super scary to park there since EVERY car runs wide from 11. Got towed back to the pits (benin tow hooks work) and found the problem. It was my hondata unit which came out of the plug somehow. Not by much, possibly 1/16-1/8".

this is a picture my friend snapped of me lined up for instruction

another one a friend took of me on track.

Big shoutout to Dopematic aka Dillon had a big oops but that didnt deter him from wanting to track more.

Braked hard ( i belive without modulation from his story) back end got light and started wiggling. Which caused the car to go up the side of the hill, rip his lip off, debead his tire and give him a nice kick in the nuts. Dispite all of this, he had an awesome time and wants to continue tracking.

Things like this happen to all of us. Oddly enough it happened to me at Buttonwillow with Dillon in the car. Hard on the brakes into sunrise, locked up, picked up a wheel and spun. I guess one lesson team Dylan learned was "shit happens"

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'

Some shots from the event. The AE86 is piloted by my friend Dave, and the Red miata is piloted by my Garage Star team mate, Simon.