First Race...help me out

jwadelynn

ok bros, brahs, and homegirls. i got my first (official) race coming up. a kid i go to skool wit has a newer accord wit a 6 cylinder. its automatic. im racing my 2000 integra ls, 5 speed. i gotta few questions so bear wit me a bit. 1st, do i have a chance against it? wer both pretty much completely stock but im adding a cold air intake tomorrow. 2nd, i know racing isnt exactly good for my car but how can i reduce the wear and tear on it? double clutching? let me know everybody, all facts and advice are welcome!!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
1 double clutching is for down shifting
2. you should have your license revoked
3. racing is stupid
4. get your flame suit on

Anthony90

TeamXXXracing
Your 16.Probably in high school. This is probably going to happen in the streets. It's an accident waiting to happen. It's not worth risking your life or even losing you license just to feel cool in front of your friends.

XxCaryxX

IMO, street racing is STUPID. Yeah, most of us have prob done it but looking back we realize how retarded we were and how much of a ricer status it gave us. IMO, keep it off the streets and on the track.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i thought this was gonna be like a auto x prep or circuit prep thread...but oh no...anothe kid whos gonna hit a tree and make it so i cant drive my car to work

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Man you gotta hit the gas pedal to the floor and aim at the closest tree you see and wrap your car around it, you should tell your friend to do this also,

heykosal

Angkorian
I mean we've all participated in an "contest of speed" or five in our lives, but to come onto a forum and ask "i drive X and my friend drives Y, who's going to win?" is just asking to be set on fire..coming onto a forum and asking is putting oneself on ricer status.

Threads like these haunt automotive forums all over the web..its a shame.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
ok bros, brahs, and homegirls. i got my first (official) race coming up. a kid i go to skool wit has a newer accord wit a 6 cylinder. its automatic. im racing my 2000 integra ls, 5 speed. i gotta few questions so bear wit me a bit. 1st, do i have a chance against it? wer both pretty much completely stock but im adding a cold air intake tomorrow. 2nd, i know racing isnt exactly good for my car but how can i reduce the wear and tear on it? double clutching? let me know everybody, all facts and advice are welcome!!
i just read this thing again and lol...............................double clutching...been watching too much fast and the furious, Cold air doesnt add a noticable amount of power. so fail. street racing fail, risking peoples lives for some cool points fail.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
i just read this thing again and lol...............................double clutching...been watching too much fast and the furious, Cold air doesnt add a noticable amount of power. so fail. street racing fail, risking peoples lives for some cool points fail.
cool points getting you laid=WIN! but seriously... if you dont win this race youll never get laid in high school again... simple solution... RAM your car into his and then knock him and yourself off the road. scars=getting laid more than winning a race :D

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
for real its idiots who go out in the middle of a light industrial area or a busy street fucking racing and then ending up running into something that make me ashamed to even own a god damn car. I literally cant go down some streets in sacramento because im too afraid i will get pulled over because of idiots like you who think they are cool because they just got their fucking license and oh look! my friend got one too! i wanna race you. fucking lame...be cool and do it at the track.