here is how to remove jdm yellow high beam paint and any other paint on headlights

whitedc4

I'm sure there is an easier way out there to do this but my way consisted of 4 hours.
i finished at 2 an didn't finish polishing the headlights however i'll edit this once i do them and show how they look new again.

you'll need some type of paint thinner.
sand paper ranging from 220 on up to 2000
water
a lense cleaner.. i used glass cleaner
polish to bring them back from scratchy
applicator pads/microfiber towels.

here we go.
you can see blue and red paint that was sprayed on these from crappy paint jobs and not prepping enough so they got on the headlights.... how nice....

first step
sprayed the headlights and all the surrounding edges with the krud kutter "graffiti remover"

krud kutter on.
bottle recommends 1 to 2 minutes i left it on for an hour.

the graffiti remover made the paint bubble up from paint jobs but not the film from the diy yellow highbeams... great... so next i started with the sandpaper

started with 220 and it really took the yellow off however it took about an hour to get it all off of just one head lamp. turned the sandpaper yellow. i found it was a really good idea to switch between dry sanding and wetsanding

how it first starts looking while its coming off

coming off some more

now with all the yellow junk off the important piece i made my way around the other bits and pieces of the head lamps

soaking in glass cleaner for a few after i applied a small amount of polish.

here is where they are at. they're about a good 30 minutes from being done all i need to do is polish them some more and they will look new again i just got tired after about 2 in the morning.

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
someone needs to show this to the guy with the janky self-made halos.

good writeup, get kris to add it to the list.

8-bit

do what now?
Looks like you got a battle scar from all of that sanding.

whitedc4

Lol it was one of those I think I should clean these while I have nothing to do from 1030 til 230

04caliwrx

Mine came with yello high beams... They don't seam to bright to me. I'm gonna install the ppia high beams so I can have some real light lol