Interchangeable Parts

ericgrif5

Hello, I am new to this forum so please bear with me. I have looked through some of the posts but did not find exactly what I am looking for. I apologize in advance if these questions are repeats of others.

I just wrecked our 2001 Integra LS. It appears all the damage was contained to the bumpers, hood and radiator. I have found a few junk yards with other Integra models (94 & 95).

Can someone, anyone really, just tell me if I can take the body pieces from the older models and just put them on our model? They look the same (even the same color) on a couple, but I don't have any idea about the logistics in installing them.

Any healp is more than GREATLY appreciated.

Eric

96GSRteg

Tyler
All 94-01 integras should be the same as far as those body parts go.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ericgrif5

I am not too concerned if the bumper is exactly the same as the old one. So is it an asthetic thing to make sure it is a 98-01 or a requirement? How bout all the hidden pieces will the work between the 94-95 and 01?

RonnieJ86

everything does bolt up the same way theres no different in that its just the headlight part thats different. the 98-01 ha s alilbit of a slant to it and the 94-97 is more straight. so with an older bumper ur headlights will be sticking out the holes a lil more then they should. but if ur not too worried bout it looking different then u can get the older bumper.

ericgrif5

How bout the radiator? Is there anything I should be prepared for when I change that out?

Basically we are just trying to get the thing up and runnin until we can afford to fix itthe right way.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
radiator is dependednt on if you have a manual or auto
check for leaks etc in the radiator

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Good website to find out what years are interchangeable is car-parts.com. Put in what model year etc. your car is, and then check to see what years come up in the results.

mirrorimg

auto vs manual radiators are different, so you would need one based on what you have. No difference between model years.

It would be useful if you gave a specific parts list. Some bumper items are dependent on the bumper itself. Other things should be a direct replacement. Is there anything beyond the radiator and bumper you need?

For example, if you have a 94-97, and need a new bumper (and the junkyard has a 98-01) you would also need the headlight and corner lights. The reverse is also true. The headlights will not look right if you dont get the appropriate lights.